Perceived "Elo Hell?" If so, solutions:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skijmac7

07-03-2012

To some people, Elo hell exists, and to people who are good enough to get out of it, it doesn't. I feel sorry for the people who are kind and are stuck in the <1300 Elo.
For those of you who are COMPLETE JACKASSES AND RAGE AT EVERYONE ABOUT EVERYTHING AND BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR EVERYTHING AND.... Oh, I'm sorry. A little outburst. Anyway, here are some tips for those nice people, and even for people in my Elo, the 1300's. I got here from the 1000's, after falling from 1200 very quickly at first. It's perfectly normal to do so, and in order to get out of this bracket, you have to have a lot of patience, a little bit of skill, and the knowledge which I am providing right now.
The way I've found most effective to get out of the perceived "elo hell" is to 1. Be able to play ANY ROLE well, or at least four out of the five. Chances are your other 4 teamates will grab that role and want it.
2. You must be kind with your teamates, and when they get angry, you cannot get angry back. When people won't listen, deal with them as best you can, ask them to do things politely, and if all else fails just ignore them, and think of them as a moveable tower. Quoting my friend Crech, "A tower is the worst teamate ever. It never calls mias, it doesn't stick with the team, it doesn't communicate, and it doesn't participate in teamfights." In these situations, try to make the most of the competent people on your team, stick together, and try to exploit the enemy team.
3. Which leads me to this. Your team of 5 isn't the only side with complete idiots. Sometimes, the other team has idiots too, and even if you don't hear them yelling at each other on chat, you have to figure out who's the best and who's the worst on the team. In laning phase, exploit those weaker players, gank them, get kills and set yourself up for mid-end game. In the teamfights, go for these stronger players, deny them kills and hope that your teamates can clean up the rest of the scrubs.
4. You have to have confidence and know that your the best, but you can't have complete arrogance. This is the ultimate downfall of some of the decent players in the <1300 Elo bracket. They think that they are better than everyone else in the game, calls everyone noobs, and has a "good" score because of killsteals, chasing down the support in teamfights, etc, and you'll notice that they won't have that many assists. These are the ultimate bad teamates, and this leads me to my 5th point.
5. Duo queue. Nuff said. If you don't have a cool rlf who's actually competent, (I do, I'm lucky) you've got to solo queue until you find someone who's willing to duo with you. If you keep your composure, be considerate and ask them after game, chances they'll duo with you. This does a number of things, which includes a. reducing the number of chances a dumbass will be in your queue, b. helps you rely on someone (great if you're a bot duo or a jungler + mid/top combo) and c. ________________ Probably more but I can't remember atm.
I'm sure there are many more things you can do, and I had them in my head when I started this post but I walked away and forgot, so if anyone else has COMPETENT constructive criticism for this post, I'll gladly accept it. I'm not going to argue down idiots more than once, and even then I'll need a good reason. A quick overview: 1. Be versatile, and develop 2-3 good champs per role. 2. Be calm, cool, kind, and considerate with your (sometimes frustrating) teamates. 3. Ignore the uncooperative people on your team, work with the people that do, and exploit the enemies. 4. Have faith in your abilities, and know that if you truly don't belong in the Elo you're in, you should be able to carry yourself out (key issue with a lot of the "I'm stuck in Elo Hell, what do I do?" posts,). and 5, Get a good DQ partner. Thank you very much for spending the time to read this guide, and I hope you have some luck finding your way out of the <1300 Elo Bracket.
I'm Skijmac7, and add me/message me, I'm at 1320 Elo atm, if I have time I'll duo with you myself.

Arlunn

07-03-2012

China called, they want their wall back.

EDIT: I am myself stuck in 1100 elo, I only play ranked ocassionally when I find a free time so I can't usually play 2 ranked games in a row which leads the Duo Queuing hard for me to do

Skijmac7

07-04-2012

@Arlunn-
Well in this case, you have to drop 5, which sucks, but it's the most optional out of my suggestions. Playing a jungler is my own personal way out of Elo hell, if you use lolking.net you'll see that I play Shyvana and Lee Sin, the latter of which I've played 100+ ranked games with. ADC is also another easy to carry position, especially if you pick a late game carry like Vayne or Sivir. The reason I don't include top and mid positons in this... Well if you notice, one of the most common things you see is first or second pick yelling TOP or MID over and over, and then they go on to get counterpicked and then they either QQ or get wrecked. The reason I like jungle more than ADC is because I can do something about these counterpicks, and help the teamates (even if they're really annoying) from getting utterly destroyed.

PKMNTràinerRed

07-04-2012

All you wrote is true especially being able to play 4/5 roles. When ever I play I just get frustrated when people auto call lanes especially if there the lower elo. Also when I'm solo q'ing and no one wants to support. I can play support but the only problem is I don't really know how good my adc is so if he does something stupid I go down with him. But yeah starting to climb out of elo hell starting at 800 and now at 1071 gaining about 15-20 elo each win. If you really want to win try to be the jungler if your good at it so you can help lanes gain an advantage over their opponent.

KingSnafu

07-04-2012

someone needs to compile all of these people have posted over the last few months and get it stickied to the general thread ive seen 5-6 good ones like this

KingSnafu

07-04-2012

bump for a good post

TeknoWizard

07-04-2012

Just finished my first 10 ranked games 6 wins, 4 loses and at 1272 ELO! And honestly, I do find just a few things really odd from my own view point.

A: Not only calling a lane, but also calling exactly what champion they're going to play there. Is this just common, that people will call "Mid Akali", and lock that in regardless of who the other team's laner is?

B: People who don't seem to understand the idea of "Falling behind". In one of the games where I was jungling, I called out that had been ganking too much, and needed to just clear jungle for a while to level up. Like, seriously needed to catch up. Level 8 while their top was 11 and their jungler was 10. They then proceeded to yell at me and said I never left the jungle. Do people expect junglers to stay at pace with them in levels, while ganking the whole time?

C: Teemo counters all. Honestly, 10 games. And 3 of them, someone said something along the lines of this. Is Teemo, like, hardcore FotM right now?

WatDaWat

07-04-2012

One thing to remember: Losses happen, learn and move on. Sometimes you will get days where your teams are comprised of challenged tards, but just say "gg" and move on.

Skijmac7

07-08-2012

@TeknoWizard Yes,, people to tend to call a random role and just take it, along with a champion that's counterpicking themselves. That's why I play jungle, in order to set that matchup straight. The B point, yes, i tend to fall behind as Lee sometimes because I'm stuck in their lanes helping their asses, and they say "oh, you're only lvl 10? NOOOB!" Soo,, yea. That's definitely an annoying point. Happens, just suck it up and play better yourself and then they'll shut up when they realize that you're the only reason they're winning their lane. and C, Teemo is one of the strongest tops atm. I don't know if you own him since he's expensive, but Yorick dominates him pretty hard, and so does Rumble. I've yet to see Fizz and Vlad vs him, but I imagine Fizz wouldn't do so great, but Vlad might.
I'm going to move this to a more relevant thread section, so if you want feedback look for it elsewhere, in general strategy or such.

AJStarhiker

07-08-2012

Teemo was my first non-free champion when I started over a year ago. Any strong CC just melts him, by he's an excellent counter to autoattackers, especially melee.

Once laning ends, I use his mobility to litter the jungle with mushrooms or to clear bunched up minion waves. In team fights, he seems to work best if he can kite the edges.