Anti-Meta Team Comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitten Milkshake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

I'm sure there have been similar threads, but I figured a new one might be nice. What are your team comps to beat the current meta? (switching bottom and top really doesn't change much)

HoodriiicH

07-03-2012

I hope no trolls my stating this but Ive played a couple solo q's in which either my mid/top pick or someone else's got slightly to heavily countered -- thus, we switched mid and top and both times worked out extremely well for both. Honestly, it almost seems easier to win the lane as either AP or AD (traditional AD top AP mid, with some exceptions) against the opposite. This may seem backwards as the opponent would have the same experience in facing the opposite role. That said, if you are smart and know how to take advantage of the opponent you are playing, you could have an easier time winning your lane than if you were following the current meta. Ofc, that may only be at my relatively low elo.....which i can't seem to get out of XD

HoodriiicH

07-03-2012

As for my most recent example, I picked brand for mid as 3rd pick, while the other team picked ahri last. My team urged me to switch as i was "counter-picked" even though i thought i would be fine -- i like to think I know how to play as any champ and AGAINST any champ as i own all of them, whether or not some lane matchups may be harder. Anyway the top lane was our morde vs. their fiora initially. Idk how that matchup would go b/w similar skilled players, but we switched regardless. I got the firs tfour kills of the game on fiora 1v1 with no jungle help and landed all my stuns. She did help by running in straight lines often. Even though lvl 6 came and she was just dive in and ult me from full to 1/3 hp, I would quickly 1-rotation her down from full. Morde also started out like 5-2 but I didn't watch much of his play. Saddest part is I still ended up losing thanks to bot AD as ezreal. He went Boots of swiftness and frozen mallet before we lost -.- ................AS AD CARRY.

Cruzito6900

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

I've seen double jungle work pretty well

TeknoWizard

07-03-2012

No one wants to do it, but double bruiser bot wrecks basically every single lane you could find. Like, what carry escapes from Leona and Jarvan.

ringajing

07-06-2012

lee sin ryze top against a solo top will forever wreck balls then let the lee sin roam after a couple of levels

Vikaryous

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one wants to do it, but double bruiser bot wrecks basically every single lane you could find. Like, what carry escapes from Leona and Jarvan.
J4/Garen. Garen spins, J4 Ults onto target. Congratulations, you've made a Demacian blender

Edit: The reason this doesn't work all the time is because if the game doesn't end by the 45 minute mark, any carry can make up the farm and start wrecking face. If you can fit a carry elsewhere on your team great, otherwise you're gimping your late game in the hopes of facerolling early