Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxuper

Recruiter

07-07-2012

Please, RIOT GAMES, stop creating male characters, please, i think its enough with these 6 new male charactes, but now i think its a good idea to create a female character - HECARIM (i guess he is male), VARUS, DARIUS, DRAVEN, Pulsefire EZREAl, and now this one JAYCE. Please riot games, create a new female character.

Canuovea

07-07-2012

There is the possibility that the Lore is salvageable. If we include the possibility of an unreliable narrator.

Perhaps Jayce is really this "C" person that Caitlyn is trying to catch. Why? Well, "C" seems to be a stuck up jerk with a high opinion of himself. Those who leave behind little mementoes like those cards tend to be, especially if they seem to taunt the person out to catch them. After all, "C" is the first letter of Caitlyn's name, who said it had to be part of the thief's name? And Jayce? He just sounds (and looks) like he fits the description of arrogant.

And while it is possible that Viktor has gone so far in purging his human elements that he doesn't recognize the irony in stealing from others... well, remember that "C" is a burglar and, if anyone stole from anyone else, "C" could have stolen the hammer from Viktor!

But why would "C" take up with the League of Legends? Well, stealing from Viktor would be kinda dangerous. But even if he didn't steal the hammer, Caitlyn is sure to have been getting closer and closer to him. What better way to ensure security than to gather his own influence with those at the Institute of War?

I mean, it fits. Though to be fair, so does the idea of Viktor stealing technology. It just makes him more of a tragic figure who has fallen so far from his original ideals of bettering the world for the good of the people. I'd compare Viktor to Hamlet, but I wouldn't want to insult Viktor.

Art336

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Hello,

To those of you who have aired feedback on the lore, Runaan posted on this in another thread, and I think it will allay your concerns. The post is here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85827#26485827

I've posted it here verbatim though to simply the discussion.

I don't know the current plan of the creative design team on this issue beyond what Ru said, but we are going to talk about it tomorrow and I know they are already thinking about it. Fixing something like this is carefully considered, and then has to get edited and iterated on a few times, and then has to go live. With the holiday and everything else, getting a solid iteration in time for this reveal post just was not possible. Please give the team a little bit of a time to weigh the feedback and figure out what they are going to do -- they became aware of the issue shortly before we had an office holiday, and good character development does require a surprising number of steps to do well.

Yet you ain't changed ****.

I call either more bull**** and lies on Riot's part (read ALL of the posts about how Riot has banned people based on glitches, rofl) OR I call more bull**** and lies on the Dev Team's part on stories....

Either they lied to us about lore again, which is common and we accept AND allow or they LIED to us AGAIN about lore and such, and we choose to ignore it, as we do MOST of the time.......

Either way we look at it Riot lies to us,

But thx for pretending otherwise.

Roonie222

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Man crushing on jayce

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahBohogun View Post
WTF sonic?
what!?!

He has a pretty face. Don't judge me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie222 View Post
Man crushing on jayce
ditto! :P

Ephemeral Facade

07-07-2012

We now have a tanky ranged dps carry bruiser.

(╯ __ )╯︵ ┻━┻)

Ask the Herald

07-08-2012

Change the lore, Riot?

Xyrne

07-09-2012

Been a week. Nothing changed. Safe to assume they've swept it under the rug at this point.

Ask the Herald

07-09-2012

Riot....

CHANGE THE DAM.N LORE ALREADY!!!

Dewtrocity

04-26-2013

Hi