Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

minimi1200

07-06-2012

Quote:
ChipTehMonk:
Why do I have a feeling that his mana on hit passive will outplay Taric's entirely.

Yes, I think that will become unfair to Taric. His special hammer isn't strong enough for the mana regen jayces hammer/cannon will have

Roxstar Inc

07-06-2012

How long untill jayce is released!??!

VÃ¥nquish

07-06-2012

Quote:
Did he feel over or underpowered? I like the versatility of his kit, I like that he will be able to fulfill many roles, and I like that he'll take some skill in selecting which weapon to use at which time. My main concern is about his power level.

He's AD, all but one of his skills build with AD, and the AP skill isn't worth building into. He's not at all underpowered, I did a really good amount of damage and I built brawler, not even full carry, which he can be if you want to build him that way. I wrecked a lot of people in both games I played, his kit is amazing. That being said, he isn't overpowered either, just really effective with practice, like all good champs.

Jasper Crow

07-06-2012

why are so many people hating on his lore exactly? he busts in and kills a bunch of champion made minions.. which i reckon are even weaker then nexus created minions... and scares a mage off from what sounds like a concealed area. sounds about right to me. i doubt viktor will be trying to get in this guys face in a real game either...

zabrath

07-06-2012

it is friday, RELEASE HIM TODAY!

PapaDocl

07-06-2012

Oh my gosh they brought Thor into the League of Legends!

Sodeh

07-06-2012

Quote:
Saurogoth:
this is an interesting, and original concept...but not the right one for this game. Everyone will select this champion because of his versatility, and his techniques come into question for me when I think about the gameplay fairness they possess.
To me a champion that can use their Ult right away is stupid, but for a champion to have seven techniques because they can 'transform' from a melee to a ranged character is just absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that the summoner basically gets the 'Ghost' ability with Jayce's passive, which gives him a speed bonus and ignores unit collision when he transforms. I questioned the character's mana capabilities, thinking that of course this transformation would cost handsomely, to prevent overuse. WRONG! Jayce has a passive in his ranged mode that gives him mana each time he hits an opponent, which means all he needs is attack speed and ability empowering techniques, maybe mix a little life steal here or there, and bam...indestructible god.
Riot needs to get it into their heads that new champions are quickly becoming too much and are over populating the games, so that while they're being dealt with (i.e. nerfed, buffed, ect...) their older characters are being ignored and are becoming outdated and useless. This Jayce champion, in my opinion, is the perfect example of Riot trying to make the game look flashy and new, but ultimately is making their game more one sided and unfair to play. I believe Jayce will not only frustrate summoners who go up against him but will ultimately lead to everyone snatching him up, JUST so they can compete with the players using him, which means a team without Jayce is screwed because they won't be able to fight a transforming champion.
This is all just my opinion on this champion and where it's leading Riot, and nobody might even agree with me but if anyone does then at least I'm not the only one thinking about how ridiculous this new champion is.
Cheers, Saurogoth

I assume you never played udyr or nid's before.

MixSk8Black

07-06-2012

quando que vai colocar ele?

Soulseeker87

07-06-2012

So he's a mid/support? and wat's with all the movement speed buffs?

Zaponopoly

07-06-2012

Plz dont make him like 3000+ riot points like Pulsfire Ezreal. I want him to bad!