Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kejumi

07-05-2012

I hope his ratios are **** because everything else on him is way to stupid strong.

Ms Fortunate

07-05-2012

Armed with wit, charm, and his signature transforming hammer, Jayce lives to protect his native Piltover where he met Caitlyn. They began dating each other and defending Piltover with each other. However one night when Jayce is about to propose. Viktor, the machine-augmented scientist from Zaun, staged a deadly raid on Jayce's laboratory. Barely impeded by the lab's meager security force, Viktor stole designs for an arcane power converter. Jayce was sure Viktor would use his technology to protect Zaun from incoming invasion. He implored the Piltover government to respond, but the officials were unwilling to support an act of aggression. He decided to take matters into his own hands, realizing that if he did not strike back now, Piltover would never be safe and Caitlyn will not be safe.

Jayce returned to his laboratory and began making preparations for his one-man attack. He hid this secret to Caitlyn to ensure her safety. After an intense period of research, development, and hands-on testing, he emerged. He had created an array of powerful armaments, including his crowning achievement - the versatile, transforming Mercury Hammer. Armed and ready, Jayce began his assault, easily smashing aside Viktor's acolytes as they rushed to stop him. Jayce fought his way into the heart of the lab and confronted Viktor, where they fought evenly. After destroying Viktor's prototype weapon, Jayce returned to Piltover where he was hailed as a hero. He reveled in the adoration, but he knew that his actions had provoked the nation's enemies. Now devoted to the defense of his people, Jayce is Piltover's best hope for a bright future.

''He is a very fine man and has a longer weapon than Jarvan IV'' - Caitlyn

That should be the Lore ~

KhaorvaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

The Lore sounds like it was written by a 6 year old.

For more information, please visit http://www.axecop.com

Valtaria

07-05-2012

Maybe they're planning something better for the 101st champ...

Ms Fortunate

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaorvaK View Post
The Lore sounds like it was written by a 6 year old.

For more information, please visit http://www.axecop.com
i dont care what you say im just having fun

KhaorvaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Fortunate View Post
i dont care what you say im just having fun
I wasn't talking to you. I hadn't even looked at your post. I was talking about Riot's work.

WereStoner

07-05-2012

Wow another white champion when are you guys gonna make a black guy? or are you guys a bunch of racist?

Hutch

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Hello,

To those of you who have aired feedback on the lore, Runaan posted on this in another thread, and I think it will allay your concerns. The post is here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85827#26485827

I've posted it here verbatim though to simply the discussion.

I don't know the current plan of the creative design team on this issue beyond what Ru said, but we are going to talk about it tomorrow and I know they are already thinking about it. Fixing something like this is carefully considered, and then has to get edited and iterated on a few times, and then has to go live. With the holiday and everything else, getting a solid iteration in time for this reveal post just was not possible. Please give the team a little bit of a time to weigh the feedback and figure out what they are going to do -- they became aware of the issue shortly before we had an office holiday, and good character development does require a surprising number of steps to do well.

pit them in an epic struggle, sure, just dont morally move either one. Dont make Viktor or Jayce good/evil. Just allow them to be scientific minds pitted against one another, perhaps for honor or glory or something. Just not "Jayce is trying to save Piltover from Viktor, OH NOE@!!!"

HorribleNghtmare

07-06-2012

why would you fvck with viktor?

Cakecicle

07-06-2012

It's ****ing Superman with a hammer!