@Riot, @GD: Let's Talk About Xerath.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

07-12-2012

Feral pony, what is your opinion on giving xerath an ammo based ult? A lot of ppl really feel that this would help enforce the "barrage" like aspect about xerath.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Bumpage

Eurosia

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Then we would reevaluate and make additional changes as needed. Live Team will be keeping an eye on him post-changes.
Would it not be neccesary to revert the buff too? I mean, he was very balanced before this entire set of changes. If you revert the nerf I think it would be fair to revert the buff too.

donkrx

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
FeralPony...Xerath, to my knowledge, has never been picked in a tournament...and he's non-existent at high-Elo....why did you feel the need to nerf him, particularly his ultimate?
While Xerath is in fact very uncommon in tournament play, he has been used before. Back after his release (like a month after) CLG and some other team was using him for a bit. This was when Chauster started doing AP for CLG.

Also, I've heard that Marn uses Xerath. I saw them use him in a tournament very recently (in fact after the Draven patch).... everyone was like "wtf is with his ult" as Xerath basically died over and over. Before the Draven nerf, they did well with him to my knowledge.

Now all that said yes he is very uncommon and basically no one thinks he needed a nerf. I personally thought he was perfectly fine at release though some people have asked for buffs.

Herkucheeze

07-12-2012

So, Feralpony, was there a moment in time after the latest (minor) buffs were locked in when the live team said, "Alright guys, he's good to go. Job done."

I only ask because the buffs felt extremely half-baked and I can't imagine anyone would think that Xerath, as he exists right now, is in a fun and viable place.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

The WarlordAlpha Strategic Xerath Awareness Campaign - Informing general discussion one bump at a time!

Robot Yuri

07-12-2012

Can I ask what happened to the purported changes to Xerath's passive? How are those coming along?

bureburebure

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Scratch View Post
Can I ask what happened to the purported changes to Xerath's passive? How are those coming along?
Riot experimented with it, didn't feel right, so they're not going to go through with it.

Phil Nye

07-12-2012

Yeah, prior to nerf, the only thing people really agreed xerath needed were very minor changes, namely his passive and his E speed. I used to think his passive was useless, until I had a 1v1 showdown against the enemy vayne while everyone else was dead. I survived her ult burst when she tumbled toward me long enough to light her up like a Christmas tree. I think it could be changed, but after that fiasco, I'm content with Xerath's state post-patch for now (I'll have to see how his new ult will feel).

WarlordAlpha

07-12-2012

The WarlordAlpha Strategic Xerath Awareness Campaign - Informing general discussion one bump at a time!