Is maxing spearshot better than maxing HSS now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBrapist View Post
HSS does not benefit from ArP.
It does. Flat ArPen that is.

saixx

09-02-2010

HSS is still quite viable, people think because it isnt 40 anymore just 34 that its terrible. It's 34%, doubled if a champ is hit, and 5 hits. so lets say ur at 250 AD, 250*.34=85 +12=97 *2=194 *5=970. Yeah thats pretty worthwhile still, especially aoe.

SureikaN

10-13-2010

if HSS got ArP benefits.... Then i could have fun with Sword of Divine on Pantheon. SotD, Q, W, E = dead. But..not gonna happen

Leirkov

10-13-2010

VERY good for harassing early game, so yes, definitely get SS first and then max HSS after.

GhostDieM

10-13-2010

Basically max spear first, but if the team fights break out early and you need to finish off those low hp champs put some points into HSS, just be smart I usually take Q until lvl 4 and then put a point in E before maxxing it out.

phroz3n

10-13-2010

Run mp/5 glyphs and seals + ArP marks - max SS first -> harass to your hearts content (and with early boots almost no one can outharass you).

Redenbacher

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconn View Post
if HSS got ArP benefits.... Then i could have fun with Sword of Divine on Pantheon. SotD, Q, W, E = dead. But..not gonna happen
Where is this information coming from that HSS doesn't benefit from ArP? It does physical damage, and thus is affected by FLAT ArP and Reduction. The only thing that it does not benefit from is Last Whisper's % Penetration.

In response to the OP, I agree that Spearshot is worth maxing over HSS, as HSS becomes much more deadly later on in your build than early game. However, always grab one point in HSS early for the 15% HP Crit strike for quick executions of enemies and creeps.

DrDragun

10-13-2010

The problem with HSS is that it has double scaling.... It increases bonus % AD when you level it up, and you AD scales up throughout the game. Garen's spin has a flat 35% AD bonus damage at all levels, which makes sense since his AD is scaling up through the game. Pantheons HSS goes from 18% to 34% AD levels 1-5. So it scales twice and it is great endgame and completely horrible early game.

sierskan

10-13-2010

i normally get this skill order with panth.

Q-W/E-E/W-E-E-R-Q

after that the prio is E-Q-R-W

Leohan

10-13-2010

SS seems better for harassing early game, andl also has a smaller mana cost compared to HSS.