Is maxing spearshot better than maxing HSS now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Today I was playing Pantheon and this guy told me that I should have maxed spearshot first instead of HSS because it does more damage. He said I should only get one level of HSS for its passive. What do u guys think?

P4Powned

09-02-2010

I level it up equally.

Cpx

09-02-2010

I used to max Heart Seeker strike, but now it's damage just seems meh, until you get your build going that is. It seems to work better to max Spear shot now, for me at least.

infinityLoop

Assistant Producer

09-02-2010

i max spearshot first since its great for harass and chasing. Its cheap, low cool down and does respectable damage. HSS is great later on when you have more armor pen and damage.

Neryth

09-02-2010

Spearshot is superior in nearly all aspects, even late game, except for when the entire enemy team is bunched up. Do the math and you'll figure out why.

Enrayged

09-02-2010

Personally, when I play Panth, I get 1 point in HSS and stun, and then just max Spearshot.

It's an awesome nuke, scales rediculously with AD at rank 5 (130%, last I checked) and has a *fairly* decent range...

Not entirely sure if it applies on-hit effects, but that may just make it... OP? O.o

Come to think of it... that'd be a decent buff for Panth...

KobeBrapist

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityLoop View Post
i max spearshot first since its great for harass and chasing. Its cheap, low cool down and does respectable damage. HSS is great later on when you have more armor pen and damage.
HSS does not benefit from ArP.

WithoutSkill

09-02-2010

I found HSS to be strong enough to max it up first still. The spear did enough damage at level 1 as soon as i picked up a little damage.

Eat dat chammich

09-02-2010

HSS has finally been put back in it's place as an AOE spell. It is extraordinary when hitting more than one target but only decent when focused on just one.

gun fu panda

09-02-2010

@OP: Yes.