Attention Brazilian Players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Light M37

07-04-2012

I once had a Spanish-speaking, teammate in a 5v5. It wasn't so hard to for us to communicate with him. We all just had to use the Alert/Caution Pings often and correctly and actively.

Pr0jectseph

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Light M37 View Post
I once had a Spanish-speaking, teammate in a 5v5. It wasn't so hard to for us to communicate with him. We all just had to use the Alert/Caution Pings often and correctly and actively.
Yea cause "That one time" is what you line up for.
The ONE time the team is communicative in more detail than ....*Ping!*

PACDXX

Recruiter

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yargomedeiros View Post
I am from Brazil and certainly offended by this. 99% of the people in my country that I know speak english (or at least know the bare minimum to communicate with the team), myself included. Your comment clearly shows that not only you are narrow-minded, but also that you feel that your claim holds some legitimacy, which it does not.
Yet ~50% choose not to

Pr0jectseph

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACDXX View Post
Yet ~50% choose not to
here here

and that's the KEY issue.

"I CAN do it....but i wont"......

selfish and not at all abiding by the summoners code...or even the common courtesy code

Gilest17

07-04-2012

not only are they hard to commmunicate but usually they suck really really bad.

kapsz

07-04-2012

hate that Middleeastern people cuz they can play EU server but they jumped into NA server ...

Froilains Greenm

07-04-2012

Why north americans are **** dumbass, go learn something useful and lets play 1 vs 1 and i'll show you how to play.

Coppermouth

07-04-2012

NOONE really cares if your teammate is Latin American or Brazilian.

It's that when you have a teammate that starts out with "Alguem BR?" or types only in Spanish(I speak spanish fluently) without every trying to communicate in English. I try to politely point out that English is better served to communicate with our teammates because we're on a North American Server(yes, I know Mexico is NA). Most of the players that play LOL (even in europe) speak English.
It's better to communicate in English since it's currently the most international language. Communicating with your teammates is important so might as well try to do what's best for your team.
If there are only 1-2 of you that are from Brazil, and the other 3 are American with no knowledge of Portuguese, then it's not very logical to ONLY speak in Portuguese.

Yes, it can be frustrating for your language or country to not appear as present in other parts of the world as English is. But the fact is, English is spoken by MANY brazilians(I know because I have brazilian friends) and LOL doesn't require a HIGH level of English(This we all know because, even the Americans on here have TERRIBLE grammar). If Portuguese becomes the most international language in the world, we would all be speaking it. But that's not the case.

TL,DR- If you take the time to learn enough english to communicate when your English speaking teammates, the better it will be for your team which can increase Team dynamic/morale. That will probably help you win more games in the long run.

LiGhTsOuT1066

07-04-2012

it hahaha not jajajaja

Hybridi

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yargomedeiros View Post
I am from Brazil and certainly offended by this. 99% of the people in my country that I know speak english (or at least know the bare minimum to communicate with the team), myself included. Your comment clearly shows that not only you are narrow-minded, but also that you feel that your claim holds some legitimacy, which it does not.
me too ^^