Lee SIn or Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murderthon

07-03-2012

Looking to get one of these with my IP points I'm thinking and was just curious to which one most people prefer.

I'm relativley new and haven't played alot of different champions but I have done best with these so far: Teemo, Malphite, Twitch, Master Yi & Karthus.

I've watched videos of both and they both appeal to me but not sure which to get since I haven't gotten to play as either.

Pother

07-03-2012

Just get them both. They are both best at different roles, but can be swapped if they want to.

Murderthon

07-03-2012

Er, well I can only afford one at the moment...I was seeing which I should get first.

Pother

07-03-2012

Ok then.

Riven is most traditionally selected as a strong solo top champion. She has a wonderful ability to escape, initiate, farm, and sustain herself. She is a very solid bruiser, that can be a reliable tank for team fights later on.

Lee Sin is an amazingly versatile, and at lower ELO's horribly played jungler. Lee Sin has incredible mobility, shielding capacity, the ability to reveal enemies that are cloaked, and an ultimate that just adds insult to injury. The trade off is that he is a very high skill cap champion, and while you might figure out generally how to play him after a few days, it will take substantially longer to master the subtle aspects of his gameplay.

They can both fulfill multiple roles (top/jungle/whatever) given they are an appropriate counter.

Riven is the safer bet, but if you are looking to jump into the deep end, give lee sin a shot.

Murderthon

07-03-2012

Hmm, guess I will start out with Riven since you put it like that.

Eledhan

07-03-2012

If you're going to be taking this champ into the jungle or top lane, I'd take Riven first. She has great escapes, survival, and damage, but she doesn't have NEARLY has high a skill cap as Lee. Build her with AD, CDR, ARM, MR, HP, and LS and you should roll faces once you get the hang of her.

RyuSakii

07-03-2012

If you dont have one of they i think you dont have an high experience ( think you have 450 win max) if i have reason i think lee is better for you : riven need more skill.
Riven and lee had same utily : dash + cc+ good ad

BUT if it's for playing jungle lee is better and for top riven is better but need more skill

Hope i will be usefull for you :)
(i'm not english so please dont blame me)

Eledhan

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuSakii View Post
If you dont have one of they i think you dont have an high experience ( think you have 450 win max) if i have reason i think lee is better for you : riven need more skill.

BUT if it's for playing jungle lee is better and for top riven is better but need more skill

Hope i will be usefull for you
I sincerely hope that the OP will not listen to the advice of someone who hasn't even accepted the Summoner's Code...

Riven has a much lower skill floor than Lee, as well as a lower skill ceiling. Lee's skill floor and ceiling are WAY higher than almost any other champ out there...

Although it IS true that Riven is probably better top and Lee better in jungle, that's only after you've obtained middle of the road skill with either champ...just going with entry level skill, you should be able to perform better sooner with Riven than Lee.

And what does it matter if he only has 450 wins? That just means he isn't all that experienced in THIS game...he could still be a phenomenal gamer...

IS1494f3069beb3f0cd3794

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuSakii View Post

Hope i will be usefull for you
This is wrong, Riven is easy faceroll champion while Lee Sin is probably the most difficult to learn and master.
Both are good in jungle and top lane but Lee is imo much better when played to his full potential.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Both are good in jungle and top lane and a verity of other positions but Lee is imo much better when played to his full potential which will take hundres of games and dedication just to be decent with the champ, and hundreds more just to be good/exceptional with him.

the real issue with lee is that he is dependant on objects and team postioning to be exceptional with: lower end teams usually dont understand this aspect and lee is left with zero outs often

which makes lower teir ranked players with lee stuck and forced to play the champ as a tank dps with lower damage compared to higher end players that use higher damage builds with less surivivablity reling on skill and objects to do his job.

maximing lee involves a keen sence of awarness! timing/chainging abilities and utilizing his mobility to get in and out of combat quickly.

Riven has a much lower learning curve easier to use and fulfills the same/similar roles as lee,
{tankydps/burst/bruzier}

lee however has a lot higher versibility with his toolbox where Riven is a straight up mele fighter.

Comparing the two:

Lee that can burst from A DISTANCE getting close for finishing coupled with high burst combos outside of mele range.

Riven is forced to chase/follow and apply high burst combos in mele range and combat damage to finish.

lee has natural armour /spellvamp/lifesteal built in where Riven is reliant items for these stats

mid - late game lee & riven both require good farming to contiune their early game dominace via damage and defence.

the real question here is how much time do u want ot dedicate to a champ??