Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can I have some help with Maokai?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Me Evelynn

07-02-2012

I LOVE this guy. He's awesome.
But I never get decent practice with him. I keep worrying that I'll do horribly in a real game, rather than a 'enemy team surrenders at 20' one.

I know he's a jungler, but I can't seem to jungle with him. Can anyone give me tips on jungling with him, and if not, tips for basially support laning/top lane brusiering?

GuntherDaPenguin

07-02-2012

Trinity Force used to be a really good item for him, not sure if it is anymore, however.

Lajinn5

07-03-2012

if you're laning use your saplings, you can harass great with those things, they force your opponent to keep moving and they're great for farming minions, if you're in jungle and start at blue you can stack saplings at blue (im not sure how long they last but i believe you can stack 2-3without a problem), which will most likely instakill the weak minions and let you fight blue without his lackeys, your twisted advance is great in lane and in jungle, if you are jungling you can easily set up a kill with TA, ult between them and their turret, then arcane smash them, the snare and slow should be long enough for a carry or you to pick up the kill, if they try to escape at low hp your ult will finish them, in lane use it to coordinate with your jungler, in teamfights make sure you use your ult, it reduces damage dealt to your team and has potential for very large aoe damage

Kirielis

07-03-2012

It still is.

Maokai needs blue to start, but can give up the second one. I'm partial to rushing catalyst into RoA, but a more normal philo (maybe hog) build works too. Gank when you can, his ganks are insane. Build as much AP as you can without sacrificing tankiness, get as much CDR as is convenient to get, cc all the things and peel for your adc. You're an exceptional initiator, learn to initiate well.

Support maokai is a bit different because he doesn't have the gold or items to full tank, but he can function well as an offtank and peeler. Works better with highly aggressive ADCs who can take advantage of his burst and cc in lane.

And make extra sure to drop your ult correctly in fights.