Oversimplified Counterpick Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehJackAttack

11-12-2012

Link to post in GD, I was going to copy the whole thing over here but there are some good comments and the like in the original discussion.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2770434

Basically a rock-paper-scissors style to counter picks. I'm really looking for some more feedback or for some good criticism to poke holes in my theory.

Ezrabar

11-12-2012

Well the issue with that is there are counters within your categories. Like how Trundle and Yorrick are bruisers but trundle trounces Yorrick due to his passive. I wouldn't say these are counterpicks but more of safe picks half the time.

TehJackAttack

11-12-2012

Interesting note, thanks for your feedback. There may be a need to include two sets of "counter picks", the first set being what is laid out in the OP, and a second set for "kit-based counters".

That being said, I think the "kit-based" counters would be a very long and elaborate list, whereas this guide is intended to be short and sweet and give newer players a good idea as to how playing style dictates the lane phase.

rajo101

11-12-2012

I know you admit it is "oversimplified," but apparently Heimerdinger counters Kat . That is what I have been told and my lst Heimer game seemed to prove that true. Is that true, and if so, how many such exceptions d you think exist to your rule? A lot, not many?

EDIT: NM, this is for top lane only, right?