Ranged DPS Janna!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jpeg

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
she is a "ranged" because she has a ranged auto-attack. we use the term melee for those with close ranged attacks.
O i thought, baised on the title of the strat that you had a choice?

thanks for clearing that up.. man i feel like i have no idea about anything this game does??

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

Well. I tried it out in three games. And I failed.

In the early game, I spammed the slow attack as said, following up with the auto attacks while casting shield to keep myself from taking too much damage from creep auto attack...and in all three games it barely had any affect on my lane control. It seems to be a weak form of harass damage at best...

Mid-game: I absolutely had no hp at all to do any kind of damage. That shield of Janna's only protects for 300 dmg at max level...which is pretty much nothing when you have only like 1000 base hp at level 11. I really just ended up killing nothing and dying a lot in my games after early game was over.

Late game: I only reached late game in my last game and that was because our singe was carrying us. I couldn't even get past my zeal in this game, so I just decided to say **** it and switch over to support. This was my only victory and through good use of my ulti and whirlwind I was able to support my team to victory.

I don't like DPS Janna. May be playing her wrong, but I can't see how this build can be successful, especially with the lack of any hp items.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

I think if you're going to play her as a carry, you'll need to focus on using dodge as her only avoidance stat, since you can get that from attack items. She'll be really squishy though, so you have to stand back and depend on your tank to keep the enemies occupied.

I have moderate success with a modified version. I ended up focusing first on attack speed and HP, then gravitate towards a balance between AP and damage (Guinsoo's Rageblade), and debuff items (Frozen Maul) for added utility.

But yeah, I don't like the play style either. I'll stick with my support style at least for now.

ben4zwin

11-06-2009

really good i just used it and got 13 kills 7 assists, and this is the 2nd time ive ever used her

Emergencia

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
This seems like a waste of a slot, honestly. But I will try it before saying it is.
I second this..

I don't mean to be a ******, but why play janna as carry when she's clearly underpowered compared to any other carry?

RyuuKitten

11-07-2009

Well I tried it, and ran it when the team was needing a carry a few times. It CAN work, the synergy between the shield and the att speed is cool and all, but it's largely pointless. As a carry she's fairly fragile, but has great skills to run the hell away when needed. It's REALLY funny to see her attack superfast. But all in all, I still stand by my "waste of a slot" in every instance I was playing, I might have had a decent kill count, but I always thought "Yi with Frozen Mallet or Ashe can accomplish this much better"

There are a few reasons ot run carry janna

-Her Shield at level 5 is a good chunk of damage and therefore has synergy with ATT SPD
While this is true, that's like saying that sivir's Q scales with AP and she should stack AP. It might work against bads, it might be fun, but it's really not that effective.

-She has a snare
So does ashe, and any Yi worth a damn will be getting frozen mallet anyway.

-She has a short "stun"
This is kinda nifty, but a carry doesn't need the stun. A carry simply needs to do so much DPS they explode.

Stacking AP and trying to nuke with her is probably about as effective as running her as a carry; it might work... but it's a bad idea.

So while it may be "fun", it's not as effective as just running Yi, Ashe or other real carries.

Webling

11-07-2009

So when I tell people I am going to go this build they complain or quit the queue, but they stop when I have 4-5 kills and no deaths. Thank you for a great build, I always liked jenna but she was kinda lame at her job, now I see where she was meant to be.

RyuuKitten

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webling View Post
So when I tell people I am going to go this build they complain or quit the queue, but they stop when I have 4-5 kills and no deaths. Thank you for a great build, I always liked jenna but she was kinda lame at her job, now I see where she was meant to be.
You could have accomplished that with any other champion though, destroying bads does not make it good.

Also. she's amazing support in 2v2 or 3v3 skirmishes, in 5v5 team battles her shield isn't as useful but gale is still amazingly useful and you can use her ult to split them up. So I wouldn't say she's "lame" at her job, either.

Cheesus

11-07-2009

The DPS Janna idea fails so much I can't believe it...

Hey, now let's make a guide for DPS Ryze... ~~

Xocolatl

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
The DPS Janna idea fails so much I can't believe it...

Hey, now let's make a guide for DPS Ryze... ~~
Just for the record, I think some DPS stat is worth shooting for at the end of each game, simply because her CD prevents her from doing anything else.

Ryze DPS? Now that could be fun, haha. Sadly, he IS already a carry DPS, since his auto attack scales off of his AP and mana. Have you ever gotten hit by one of his auto attacks? Hurts like a mofo, I'll tell you that. If you'd actually slap on an extra item, it could become even more potent.
If it wasn't for the fact that he's too freaking popular already, I would totally play him over any other caster. I love his appearance, and I love his skill set. I just hate having to compete with other players to select one character in solo game.