Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What does rem mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyph

07-02-2012

Quote:
ReMeDyIII:
I see this term tossed around a lot in-game. At first I thought people were bringing up my username for some reason, and sometimes I'd be like, "What?" Yet, they wouldn't say anything back.

Tried Googling and searching for the term, nothing. Any ideas?

It could possibly be your name, and someone pings on your team when they say it. If I know an enemy is near an ally, I'll generally ping and type his name real fast and try to help him, so he understands that an enemy is there.

That's just my opinion.

Work Pants

07-03-2012

Most likely mistyped "re" or reference to the new age LoL cult of REM.

ReMeDyIII

07-14-2012

I just had another match where a guy said it. I asked him what it meant. I believe he said it means "remain." Maybe it has something to do with telling your teammate to remain in lane? I'm not sure. I should have told him to expand on its meaning, but we were in the thick of things and I forgot, so I'll have to give it another go when I see someone use it.

And no, they're not addressing me by name, I promise you all that.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-14-2012

I can honestly say I've never seen it, whether in a game or while spectating or watching a stream. Honestly, unless it becomes a widely used term, it's probably just a handful of people either trying to coin a new term and take credit for it if it were to become popular, or merely something they use with their friends. Considering I can't think of a context where it would be useful (and you would need the abbreviation rather than just typing it out), I doubt it will ever become popular.

BR33TO

07-14-2012

Relieved to Eat Macaroni? your guess is as good as mine...

ReMeDyIII

07-20-2012

k saw it in a match again. I'm beginning to think another way of saying it is "re." Someone used it in a topic.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2305745

What's re mean then? Doesn't it mean like reenter lane or reemerge in lane?