DarkPercy's guide to champions base stats!

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPercy

07-02-2012

*Please keep this bumped so it can help everyone !*

Hello! I've been on this awesome forum for a good while now and there are things that I think people could easily improve on their champion. So I created these threads .

I will be making more guides to help people create better champions soon!

Firstly, I have a review-for-review thread here if you are interested: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1595685

Alright, this guide is about base stats. Base stats are not the most important part of a champion concept, that's for sure. They are there to give your reader an idea of how your champions should be played and how strong he would be with specific builds. So I will be explaining how the base stats work and what base stats your champions should have.

League of Legends champions base stats: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ion_statistics

Most of the base stats work this way: You have a flat amount of a stat at level 0 and another amount of bonus stat that you get every level.

For example: Attack Damage: 51 AD (+3 AD per level). That means 54 AD at level 1 and 108 AD at level 18.

Also to note: For all base stats, it's fun to see how much of that stat your champion has at level 18. Since the stats at level 1 and at level 18 are pretty much the most interesting ones.

Health Points: Your champ could reasonably start with 350 (squishy) to 500 (tanky) HP at level 0. And +70 HP per level (squishy) to +110 HP per level (tanky).

Mana: Goes from 175 to 300 mana at level zero and +30 mana per level to +65 mana per level. How much mana your champion has decides if your champion is going to run out of mana quickly in fights or not. If your champ has low mana, he's probably going to need to buy mana items, which will make him a little weaker than a champion who doesn't have to use money to get mana.

Health and Mana regeneration per 5 seconds: To be honest, these are not very interesting for readers and not so important. Usually you can give your reader an idea of how squishy/tanky your champion is with the Base HP (and same thing with mana). Regen per 5 seconds will simply make it a little more complex. You can go check out champions Health and Mana regen in the link above if you are interested.

Attack Damage: The damage your champion will deal with his autoattacks without any items. Every champion is and must be able to autoattack. AD goes from 42 AD (mage and supports) to 58 AD (Tanky DPS and bruisers) at level 0. And you can get + 2.6 AD per level to +4.2 AD per level.

Obviously, if your champion is an autoattacker or an AD caster that scales with physical stats (Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Armor Penetration, Lifesteal), you're gonna want him to have a good base AD. Otherwise, there is usually no reason to give a mage or a support high base AD.

Attack Speed: Attack Speed is a number that informs you of how many attacks per second you can do. Attack speed is a little different from the other stats. Every champion has a base attack speed that never changes during the game. It goes from 0.575 autoattack per second to 0.700 attack per second. Champions that shouldn't be autoattacking so much or that shouldn't be buying attack speed items will have low base attack speed. Autoattackers will have a high base attack speed.

When you get attack speed items, you get a % increase. For example, Phantom Dancer gives +50% attack speed. That % is multiplicated with your base attack speed and then added to your base attack speed.

For example, a champion with 0.650 base attack speed with a Phantom Dancer will have a final attack speed of 0.650 + (50% x 0.650) = 0.975 attacks per second

That means, the higher your champion's base attack speed is, the more efficient each % of attack speed is. In other words, it's much smarter to get Phantom Dancer on Shaco (0.690 base attack speed) than on Annie (0.580 base attack speed).

Additionally, your champion gets a bonus % of attack speed (like you get from items) each time he/she levels up (not for each level, like other stats). It stacks directly with the % attack speed you get from items. It goes from +1% attack speed per level to +3.85% attack speed per level.

For example, a champion with 0.650 base attack speed and +2% attack per level. Let's say he is level 6 (so he gets +10% attack speed from his levels since he leveled up 5 times and 5*2 = 10) and he has Phantom Dancer which gives +50% attack speed. Your final attack speed would be: 0.650 + 0.650 x (10% + 50%) = 1.04 attacks per second

The bonus % attack speed per level you get should be high if your want your champion to attack fast without items. For example, champions that wouldn't normally get attack speed items but will autoattack stuff while playing (Morekaiser, Akali, Orianna, Kassadin). It should be low if your champion shouldn't have strong autoattacks at all (most mages). You should also give a pretty good + % attack speed per level to AD carries because.. well they want to do damage.

Even though it's not very important for the creation of a champion, it is nice to know that 2.5 is the maximum number of attacks per second that a champion can do. Obviously, a champion will never even have close to that attack speed with no items... but still, you should try not to reach that cap because any extra +% Attack Speed you will buy will be completely wasted.

Armor: Goes from 7 to 20 at level 0. Low is for ranged support/mage champions and high is for bruisers/junglers (some bruisers ARE junglers anyways). Armor growth goes from +2.7 armor per level to +3.5 armor per level. This only depends on if you want the champion to be tanky against physical damage late game or not.

Magic Resist: Every single champion without exception starts with 30 MR at level 0.
Magic resist growth is either +0 MR per level, +0.75 MR per level or +1.25 MR per level.
Ranged champions and a very little bit of melee champions have +0 MR per level.
Most Hybrid range champions, like Kayle and Nidalee, have +0.75 MR per level.
Most melee champions have +1.25 MR per level.

The logic behind this is that melee champions will be in the middle of everyone and they will be hit by area of effect damage spells like Annie's Tibbers or Amumu's despair. They need to be tanky to survive that so they get free MR for late game.

Movement Speed: Each champion starts with a movespeed that goes from 325 to 355 and it stays like that for the rest of game. (You have to get boots or other items to increase it).

Ranged AD carries: 325-335 movement speed. They shouldn't be allowed to run fast, they already have range. Their speed is their weakness (they usually counter it with Phantom Dancer or Statik Shiv).
Support and High CC champions: 330. Positioning is also one of their weaknesses. And high CC champions like Alistar, Nautilus and Blitzcrank are very capable of keeping an enemy in range of damage. With high movement speed, they would be OP.
Mages: 335-340: Average movement speed
Most Bruisers: 340-345: A little above average. They are melee and they need not to be too kitable.
Assassins: 345-350: They excel at killing enemies quickly. They focus on big damage and their kit + base movement speed lets them catch anyone. They can't afford the time to chase an enemy. Assassins are always melee.
Master Yi and Pantheon: 355: Because they are cool. Joking lol. They are designed to be pure assassins and I guess Riot wanted them to be special.

Range: This is the autoattacking range. Melee champions have 125-175 range. 175 if they have long weapons like a spear lol.

Ranged champions: 425-650 (can go higher with Passive or Abilities)

425-475: These champions can farm safely but when it comes to fighting the enemies, they will probably rely much more on their spells than on their autoattacks.

500-550: Average ranged champion range. It's a good distance for the enemy to close and it's a great advantage to have this range.

575-650: Exceptionally high range that can and should be abused to harass/kite enemies. They can hide behind their teammates and still deal their damage.

THAT'S IT! Tell me if you have any questions! I hope I helped you.

Leo Tomita

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPercy View Post
Attack Speed:
For example, a champion with 0.650 base attack speed with a Phantom Dancer will have a final attack speed of 0.650 + (55% x 0.650) = 0.882

Additionally, your champion gets a bonus % of attack speed (like you get from items) each level. It stacks directly with the % attack speed you get from items. It goes from +1% attack speed per level to +3.85% attack speed per level.

For example, a champion with 0.650 base attack speed and +2% attack per level. Let's say he is level 5 (so he gets +10% attack speed from his levels) and he has Phantom Dancer which gives +55% attack speed. Your final attack speed would be: 0.650 + 0.650 x (10% + 55%) = 1.073
thanks man...i never had understand how AS works...

DarkPercy

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Tomita View Post
thanks man...i never had understand how AS works...
No problem man ^_ ^

Zarkran

07-05-2012

What about trist with her super abusive 701 range at lvl 18? ;P
good guide

extra pop

07-06-2012

bump

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Thanks for putting this up because I was getting tired of telling people to fix the same issues with their base stats. Generally it is the MR that they get wrong.

DarkPercy

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkran View Post
What about trist with her super abusive 701 range at lvl 18? ;P
good guide
I thought about it don't worry xD. As you know, Ranges don't increase. It's only because of her passive. Since this guide is on base stats and not passive or abilities, I didn't mention Tristana's huge lvl 18 range lol (or Kog or Twitch)

Udyrfrykte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Awesome, this guide made it possible to stat-out my first champion concept!

DarkLeahcim

07-08-2012

bump

Earl of Madness

07-13-2012

I like this thread

12345 ... 6