Would you enjoy this solo queue modification?

Yes 158 77.45%
No 46 22.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Possible idea for making solo queue less stressful!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
u cant do ranked so... you are complaining about picks in a blind game?

its a blind game, u cant see the other team either, you could completely take them by surprise by playing your strongest champs and steamroll, or vice versa. or am i wrong? is there a reason to play meta in blind?
Irrelevant to the topic.
EDIT: Also what don't you get about NO META.

Agatio

Recruiter

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
the reason this idea works in WoW and not LoL is because WoW is scripted encounters, to be successful in leaheu you need to be very adaptive, if you are comfortable in any situation your elo will rise compared to someone who can only do a few things.

There are too many factors to have certain roles, sometimes a certain pick or ban changes the entire strategy for the team, what initially was a team fight comp suddenly changes to a poke comp because poke became a better strategy to use.

I've had games where we started our picking janna graves jayce, after seeing the enemy picks, we changed our entire strategy and picked taric nunu, running janna in a 1v2 scenario, jayce mid, and 2v1 top, top lane, the enemy team was unable to adapt to the change, they anticipated a strategy and we capitalized on it, this kind of move simply doesn't happen when you force roles in the way you describe.

I recently had a game as amumu, I planned on running Azingys build(3x dorans sunfire abyssal), 5 minutes into the match I realized my strategy of attacking there carry with that damage build would not be the best for that game, I switched to triple gp10 suppport style amumu and we won the match, having set roles does not work, you have to be fluid as a player and determine the best strategy without set "roles" other than the role of contributing to the win
Ender?

Quote:
Meta is popular for a reason,
Yeah, 'cuz one of the pros did it, and everyone was like "WOW, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT HUURRRRRR!"

R3hTarD

09-26-2012

I like the idea of being able to queue up for a specific role. Ya I can play multiple roles because in ranked you do need to be able to adapt (or dodge half the time). Being able to queue for a specific role would also prevent people from having to waste ~45min playing a role that they don't enjoy even if they can play it. Wouldn't you play better when you are in a role that you enjoy the most or are most comfortable at? I love this idea!

+1

ninjagear

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
Irrelevant to the topic.
EDIT: Also what don't you get about NO META.
no bro YOU are irrelevant to this topic, u are not talking about ranked games because u are not lv 30 and cant play them. if u got banned then u r toxic to the community and need to shut ur mouth and learn a thing or two. either way u slice it u have no weight in this conversation. i understand EXACTLY why u r here complaining about roles. and guess what? u dont have a pot to piss in. leave this game. dont come back. u got banned once u will get banned again and NO ONE WILL MISS U.

Shesocold

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
no bro YOU are irrelevant to this topic, u are not talking about ranked games because u are not lv 30 and cant play them. if u got banned then u r toxic to the community and need to shut ur mouth and learn a thing or two. either way u slice it u have no weight in this conversation. i understand EXACTLY why u r here complaining about roles. and guess what? u dont have a pot to piss in. leave this game. dont come back. u got banned once u will get banned again and NO ONE WILL MISS U.
Irrelevant to my own topic? And yeah I never said I was specifically talking about ranked games or blindpick or normal draft games read before you comment trying to bash me please. Not everyone gets banned for being toxic, I know that Riot cannot say that 100% of their bans have been toxic players to the community. And if you think that complaining about roles means here to help present new ideas to a constantly evolving community and gaming environment then yeah I am here for " complaining about roles". By the way I'm pretty sure you're breaking one of the summoner codes of conduct with those last 3 or 4 sentences, might want to watch that ;P

Oh and a bump for this thread once again

Shesocold

10-15-2012

Still trying to keep this idea alive.

LongMustaches

10-16-2012

Yes, lets just block any possibilities for non meta teams.

great idea. NOT.

y0pla1t

10-16-2012

It's a REALLY bad idea to hinder creative new meta from being developed but it's also bad to get the person who refuses to play anything but their one role when they're last pick...Typing a role doesn't make you entitled to that role and I get just as frustrated as everyone else about it...

However, this is 100% a problem with player attitudes and nothing more. If you think that this is going to be fixed by changing the game you're not really looking at the problem...You're putting a bandage on a broken arm so to speak. The problem isn't fixed at all and it's never going to get better until the players' attitudes and entitlement issues are resolved...good luck with that one.

1nc0nc13vabl3

10-16-2012

I think what he said about not trying to make a meta required was that you would say what type of champion you would want to play. (this might be according to riot's categorization system) and it will match you with others accordingly. I think we could take this even further and make it so that if you have time to wait you could select what other roles you would like to see on your team.

Shesocold

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nc0nc13vabl3 View Post
I think what he said about not trying to make a meta required was that you would say what type of champion you would want to play. (this might be according to riot's categorization system) and it will match you with others accordingly. I think we could take this even further and make it so that if you have time to wait you could select what other roles you would like to see on your team.
Thank you! Someone that reads my edits! I wish I could give you a thousand thumbs up. But yes the possible role choices could be whatever Riot wants I'm not strictly defining what different things are because I feel that that can corrupt an idea, but because some people lack imagination I had to use some examples and so I used the current meta roles because many people are familiar with those. And as far as choosing what you want on a team ideally this would not increase match times by much more than 2 or 3 seconds to balance the players that it is given to give a team the most flexibility. I guess this could damage creativity by making it harder to make a team of 5 AD carries or 5 AP carries but most of those weird but effective team comps come from high Elo players in custom games. And for those of you that wouldn't want to use the option I'm recommending that it be optional but will still match you up with people that use it to meant prolong match time but balance out players that don't use it so that the team still has a semi balanced characteristic provided but the increased team flexibility