Would you enjoy this solo queue modification?

Yes 158 77.45%
No 46 22.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Possible idea for making solo queue less stressful!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjagear

Senior Member

09-19-2012

ok, i see why your having trouble in solo queue Shesocold. you are going into solo queue with this idea in your head that your going to play this one role and if only the stupid noob troll feeders would get out of your way you would carry. so now you thot up this great big plan if you can call your role before you get there, you wouldnt have to worry.

yes/no?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Your example sucks then, first off no one wants to play with 2 supports on their team, while I want to play support, I dont want to play support if someone else is playing support, but i dont want to play something other than support, you can try to spin it anyway you want, but you still are trying to balance teams around some sort of meta
Edit 5. Based on a team's FLEXIBILITY. so you don't have a team where everyone is only comfortable playing the same 2 roles and instead you have a team where the players are each maybe only comfortable with 2 roles but they are different roles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
ok, i see why your having trouble in solo queue Shesocold. you are going into solo queue with this idea in your head that your going to play this one role and if only the stupid noob troll feeders would get out of your way you would carry. so now you thot up this great big plan if you can call your role before you get there, you wouldnt have to worry.

yes/no?
Technically no but I am tired of calling my role then feeding. Especially since when I'm in my lane I'm really good (only beatin once in mid). But no you aren't calling your roles ahead of time so much as you're trying to find a team that is more flexible like I mentioned in my previous post that sometimes you get a team where each person can only play 2 roles but they're the same role. Where as with this it would try to balance out those 2 role people so that instead of everyone only being able to play AP carry and AD carry you have people who can play like AP carry support and AD carry AP carry and Jungler and AD carry etc. so that each team has more options when trying to build their team comp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjagear

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
(only beatin once in mid)
i found ur problem, its right there, can u see it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
Edit 5. Based on a team's FLEXIBILITY. so you don't have a team where everyone is only comfortable playing the same 2 roles and instead you have a team where the players are each maybe only comfortable with 2 roles but they are different roles.
This still conforms to a certain meta for one thing

But i'm assuming your goal is to put 5 people where it would look like this:

Player 1 Support ADC
Player 2 ADC Mid
Player 3 Jungle Support
Player 4 Top Mid
Player 5 Jungle ADC

I mean this falls into forcing people into a meta regardless, the fact that you are defining roles does that. Where does Jarvan Leona fit, 1v2 Janna bot.

On top of that, what if people want to play different types of roles

double AP, bruiser jungle, support jungle, what about something that hasnt even been invented yet?

You kill innovation because you are forcing players to conform to specific roles, even if you say you arent, by defining roles you do this.

Dont forget as well the long queue times of higher elo will only get higher.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

Senior Member

09-20-2012

So this forces the meta by defining roles in this way? That's like saying that making the possible options the ones stated by Riot like assassin melee fighter etc. is forcing the the Riot categorizing system. You have to label a role as something so I choose something that is familiar to many players. And the names for the the options are not set in stone as I've said before in case you forgot. And yes you are right about what I'm trying to encourage with a team having a wider diversity of roles to choose from its team's players. As for innovation, how many low Elo games have you seen set a new meta or strong team comp before the higher Elos? Not many if any and this is because higher Elo players have a better idea of what will work and how to do it. Also if you want to play a game of all ADC's and try to set up a strategy where you can dominate a game try creating your own team of friends or do custom games.

EDIT: Also like I've said as well it would not increase match time by much more than several seconds because it won't wait for a team that can make a perfectly balanced team but will balance with what it's given so that you don't have a team that has players that can't play ADC and AP carry while the other team can't play Support or Bruiser.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
i found ur problem, its right there, can u see it?
Well since i can't do ranked yet because I had to make a new account thanks to a ban because of a terrible connection it's hard for the nubs to beat me. But seriously I know you've had at least one game where no one can play a couple roles that has either led to your loss or made victory harder. Really what's the problem with me being upset with nubs down mid? it has nothing to do with this. What does have to do with this are games where we have a team of 4 AD carries who refuse to play anything else followed shortly by the other team rushing some armor and the game being over before it starts. If this had been in use when I played that game each team would've had 2 maybe 3 AD carries which is a team comp I can see winning without many problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninjagear

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesocold View Post
Well since i can't do ranked yet because I had to make a new account thanks to a ban because of a terrible connection it's hard for the nubs to beat me. But seriously I know you've had at least one game where no one can play a couple roles that has either led to your loss or made victory harder. Really what's the problem with me being upset with nubs down mid? it has nothing to do with this. What does have to do with this are games where we have a team of 4 AD carries who refuse to play anything else followed shortly by the other team rushing some armor and the game being over before it starts. If this had been in use when I played that game each team would've had 2 maybe 3 AD carries which is a team comp I can see winning without many problems.
u cant do ranked so... you are complaining about picks in a blind game?

its a blind game, u cant see the other team either, you could completely take them by surprise by playing your strongest champs and steamroll, or vice versa. or am i wrong? is there a reason to play meta in blind?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Wait why are we arguing about solo queue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Wait why are we arguing about solo queue
Because that's the only Elo people seem to care about these days >.>