Would you enjoy this solo queue modification?

Yes 158 77.45%
No 46 22.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Possible idea for making solo queue less stressful!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Instead of separating the queue by role "support/Bruiser/ADC/AP/etc", have it separated by lane. If you make that adjustment to your OP, then you wouldn't be getting all these people thinking you are trying to have the META fixed. There will always be someone in a lane, regardless of the META. Whether its a bruiser mid (current META) or an ADC mid (OLD META) or AP mid (Relevant META), they could just queue for whatever lane they were best in. And I'm assuming you got this idea from WoW (like the other 100000000000 posts about this idea), and I agree with it. However, I think it would have to be all or nothing. Everyone has to queue that way, or nobody. 1/2 and 1/2 isn't going to work.

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersBoxerFan View Post
But then people wouldn't learn all the roles sufficiently (which is important for competitive players) and you would also feel forced into playing specific roles. Not to mention I imagine qeue times would sky rocket as everyone wants to play a carry.
Actually, it's quite the opposite. People that want to play a Carry, but want to avoid the 1hr queues, might decide to play support for the instaqueues. That is basically what I did in WoW. I made all of my chars tanks and plowed through dungeons. Even my chars that weren't tanks, I'd have a set just for queuing. And if you want to cheat the Queue and be a carry, you can duo queue with your support :P

Honestly though, I'd hope they do it the way WoW did it with the ability to multi-queue.

Shesocold

01-10-2013

First off I've never played WoW and don't know much more then some of the classes like priest warrior Mage and what is on the commercials. So any similarities are genuinely a coincidence.

Problems with dividing by lanes.
Say you have the first 6 matched all nice and neat. Then the 4 left marked bottom lane. There's a good chance that there aren't going to be 2 support players in there. Additionally some teams honestly feel duo top is better than solo and have success. I can imagine you would include the ability to choose multiple choices but then say I only know support AP carry and AD carry I would mark 2 and if someone marked top and mid we would technically have the same flexibity. And if this was repeated it could cause an imbalance in abilities.

Why you can do half and half with matching.
Take the example for instance you can see how the players who didn't use the system can be mixed in. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a "good" team? No because half of each team is still balanced. I'm not here to increase queue times, just to help even the odds and prevent "blow out" games.

You missed something.
Picking a carry would not increase your queue time because the system would still match carries together if it would normally. It does not ensure you are the only person who wants to or can only play ADC or whatever it just gives you a smaller chance of having more than 1 "ADC or feed" kind of guy.

Shesocold

01-11-2013

Bump for the sake of keeping my little dream of a Riot staff member seeing this idea alive. lol

BigTallUgly

01-11-2013

Yeah rofl I keep hoping maybe some will post in threads that arn't about the *** tape CLG gaming house released last week or whatever it is that Riot Staff actually look at.

Shesocold

01-13-2013

I guess it's time to bump this again...

Shesocold

01-15-2013

I like the approval rating for this idea from the poll. And a bump for this idea once again. Also after all or most of the bugs have been worked out I think this idea will be polished up and thrown into the GD. It should gain a lot of views in there and maybe a riot staff member.

I also decided that trying to match based on desired lanes over desired roles would not be as effective because it is a team composition that determines a team in the end. That and you could fill your team with ADCs that can take up every role. Graves solo top Caitlyn mid Tristana jungle support Ashe and the fifth person would say wtf because that team comp is going to most likely suck but the other 4 "have their lanes" where as having a solo top malnutrition trying to take mid from the AP carry the AP carry could say ok then go top swain or katarina and still be playing their preferred role possibly but keep the team comp strong enough that they can still team fight.

Shesocold

01-16-2013

Bump. Anyone see any potential problem with the system? I want everyone's input

Shesocold

01-17-2013

This is the last bump before I polish it and put it on the GD to get a ton of views and hopefully the attention of a Riot staff member.

BigTallUgly

01-18-2013

Ha! I've learned over the years that developers with a **** up their ass rarely take it out.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.