101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChaosKaxi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Another possible jungler...in the form of a hot mage/assassin?! YES! RIOT!!! <33333

MrReaper135

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Is one of her skills summoning some kind of seed which then bursts into a vine trap with an extensive AoE or stun (or both)?

IS11a2c2b203c351266ba6d

07-07-2012

Her name is Zyra... Just hover over the image thumbnails posted by morello and you will see

SWAGTOPOLIS

07-07-2012

Gah! Hearing about this makes me wonder if I want to pick up Jayce. Oh great Morello, which might you suggest? Wait, or buy?

ALPHACKER

07-07-2012

No champions that start with letter Q yet. Riot gotta do this fast!

Numalex

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
But it is a she..... first day buy

GlavTech

07-07-2012

Morello...please tell me she can control people with plants by shoving her whip-vine-thingy down peoples throats.

Is it wrong that I want to see that happen to Teemo?

They Got Baron

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeta88 View Post
Wait wait wait a minute. How is the "Lead Champion Designer" only making his first champion now?

This is why eve is so bad ain't it? Its also gotta explain Irelia's perma nerf status. As well as how Jayce ended up as the 100th champion instead of something you know...cool, original and interesting.

Instead we get thor with a gun.
Eve is bad because you suck at player her. No champion in the game is bad. No champion is made to be unusable. The champion is not unusable, you just aren't able to use the champion because you can't comprehend how the champion can be played to its fullest.

Eletale

07-07-2012

No, actually Eve was nerfed with the purpose of her being unusable. Intentionally.

Your "I'm so good every champ in my hands is golden" attempt failed hard.

GlavTech

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
No, actually Eve was nerfed with the purpose of her being unusable. Intentionally.
No, go away.