101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiKD

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
Fire Morello for leaking info!

huehuehuehuehiuehue thecycle of hiring and firing continues. We will play, they will be fired.

AxeFresh

07-06-2012

Quote:
Oddly, Irelia ****s all over her :P
Better nerf irelia? :x

Excalibur00

07-06-2012

inb4: "Maokai's girlfriend"

Too Much Mayo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

The image file's name is "zyra" so that could be her name since the leaked file name for her was Xara.

Nizahma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

Zomg bride of maokai!!

PVPMaiMai

07-06-2012

Quote:

YEEEEEE!!!! I've been wanting a pretty nature mage forever... (The closest I have is my Dryad Soraka. ;_ tytytytyty!!!!

Judgement

07-06-2012

Quote:

Key word, "Plant"

SchrodingersPig

07-06-2012

Quote:

Thank you, Morello.

sugarcrotch

07-06-2012

Quote:

MOAR!!! oh good lord give us more

Colors

07-06-2012

Well... Looks like I won't be buying Ezreal anytime soon -_-

gotta buy new female champ cus I like women.. Ezreal is close to being a woman
but not close enough :/