101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deth Caboose

07-09-2012

As he suggested if she can possible jungle at the current meta, she needs something for sustain like a spammable life steal spell or something to increase armor.

It seems to me like each spell applies a different mark on the target and the following spell applies an effect specific to the set mark

this is all guessing off what ive heard in the tread so far

Galaxymover

07-09-2012

Everyone is just guessing the same few things now. What I want to know now is when she'll be released

ChampAtog

07-09-2012

I'll be so sad if Zyra is less-than-satisfying to play, Plant-themed characters are my second favorite in any game, after spiders, just because of the design direction building a spider character leads to. Plants can go in all kinds of directions, and I felt that Mao'Kai went in kind of a boring direction, he felt kind of vanilla. That being said, he was based on a tree, not a more interesting plant, so it's understandable, and not every champion needs to be innovative, but I really hope to see good things with Zyra. I have confidence she'll at least be interesting, after the recent release of Jayce (who's insanely fun to play) but I hope she takes after various plants in a significant way.

Xpes100

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Guys, this is obvious I hope all of your notice that all of the Moba's have a few "similar" characters >..< ...
I like Lol better then HoN, and Dota2 but their are a few characters that those games have that Lol doesn't. I am not saying this like a copy of another champion just ideas flow off each others ideas too

First she is a plant oriented champion so I thought of "Natures prophet" from Dota2 and Keeper of the Forest from HoN, he creates trees and can turn them into saplings (Maokai aspect). So i assume that Zyra will have some sort of Creating a terrain aspect as well.

Second I though of a pet based champion, like HoN's Wildsoul Hero and Lycanthrope/Lone Druid from Dota2. I guess that Zyra will have a power that creates a plant pet that she can control.

Thrid I guess that she will use brambles or something due to hero image that shows the plant thingy with her being all thorny; so Like Emerald Warden from HoN i think she will have a sort of plant snare or at least a triggered slow.

For her ulty I have no idea, it could be like HoN's Slither/ Venomancer Dota2 and use poison to hurt all those around her, or like Dota2's Viper and strike that target with poison as well. I guess that she will have at least one poison effect or some sort of attack that deals damage over time.

These are all guess, but this tends to happen a lot with "similar ideas.
Btw a lot of people say Jayce is lame and a bad idea shouldn't have been the 100th champion, I disagree I have been suggesting champions that can switch between melee and ranged since season 1 and this just what I have been waiting for. Try Jayce and I guarantee you will finding something u like in him.

-Grodoin

Tempestphile

07-09-2012

lets make a crazy champion

Passive will give increase AD based on how long your ability have on cooldown. So if you ability have 50sec remaining on cooldown, the increase AD is more then say 10sec remaining on cooldown

Then, make Q W E an ult like ablitiy that can be game changing, with 8 minutes cooldown
An ulti that has 20minute cooldown that is bluntantly overpowered, say 15sec stun that cannot be QSS, or 8000 true damage for example.

Moltra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

What the hell, you're releasing the Queen of Blades as the 101st champion?

Micalas

07-09-2012

Would this champ be willing to consume a live baby? This is kind of a deal breaker...

The FireWater

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
She's a mage, but might be able to play outside mid in the current meta. Depends on how balance ends up for that.
Highly anticipating this champ. 101 shoulder > 100 chin

Things you mentioned made it seem like her abilities work like a mix between brand's and Aniva's One spell setting up the next.

And I know you said she's a mage, but that tiny little sneak pic of her for some reason reminds me of Morrigan from Starcraft, so I can't shake the idea of a mage bruiser out of my mind.

How fun would that be? Play top or mid, have some range spells, but generally an in your face bruiser? Only real caster bruiser's we have would be Rumble, any other one falls more in the catagory of a tank. I think it'd be awesome to have a cool, female, plant bruiser AP, with the general tankiness of Garen or Shyvana, but would be justified grabbing a deathcap for core damage.

Hanistus

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Lemme try again - I might be setting the wrong expectations;

She has a comboing mechanic that's unique and very thematically tight. She doesn't draw on the ground or anything like that. It's unique, not crazy!

A little less than Orianna, but more than Anivia.
Well i am very excited about this because my favorite champs to play are orianna and cassiopeia because of their combo mechanics and fast paced game play.

NHS Pandora

07-09-2012

Since everyone is guessing what Zyra’s abilities are guess it’s time to for me to take a guess as well.

Abilities

Passive - Zyra is filled with the mending power of nature. All nearby champions passively regenerate X% hp ever 5 secs.

Rampant Growth – Zyra throws seeds onto the ground that will grow rapidly snaring all enemies caught in the AoE while dealing damage over time for the duration of the snare.

Barkskin – Zyra shields herself with the forces of nature for X amount of damage. She is healed for the X% of the damage absorbed.

Ivy Lash – Zyra summons plants to lash at her enemies dealing damage on contact and also damage over time via bleeds or poisons.

Nature’s Wrath – Summons a circle of trees in target area. 2 tree erupt from the earth on opposite ends of the circle every .25 seconds dealing damage and knocking any enemy positioned above them into the air. All enemies are trapped inside, upon reactivating Nature’s Wrath all the trees collapse into the center dealing X damage to all enemies trapped inside.