101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stararchangel

07-08-2012

I think it'll b really interesting if she had the ability to piggy back off a friendly champ, for use of positioning n such, and said champ will get extra stats, sort of like a symbiotic relationship (trying to give best guess based on what Morello said about the whole chess gameplay of Orianna.)

Beauneaux

07-08-2012

is her special thing something like she can place things (like mao's saplings but obvious something different) then activate them with other abilities to do special things?
like put all these little plant things around with Q, then W makes them all attack the nearest thing or whatever?

Olyps

07-08-2012

Is she in anyway inspired by the Sadida?

reddart

07-08-2012

hope she is manaless ^ ^

ÐaddyØwns

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
God**** Morello I want to believe you, but the overhype is gonna kill you so hard if your champ don't deliver that uniqueness, I hope you the best luck anyway.

May I also ask how is the Stealth Rework going? can we expect it in less than 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The spells are basic, but this interaction and the results are really unique. I'm not worried about her feeling the same at all

In a lot of ways, I worked more on this one to give an example of, specifically, what I think a good champion can be.
And yet no answer about the stealth rework thats been happening for like 3 months now

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

good champion = sejuani
LAWLS

whoever designed her should be fired

Lebrante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezil View Post
good champion = sejuani
LAWLS

whoever designed her should be fired
guinsso designerd it

Sabbychu

07-08-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
She reminds me of Immortal Durathor. Morello, did you draw any inspiration from that obscure game?

PocketCookie

07-08-2012

Has she always been.. so... Planty? or do we just have to wait for her lore to find out?

Grffin

07-08-2012

Quote:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):
so will the 101st champ be ap? i didnt buy jayce cause i normally dont play much ad if its ap i might go buy rpright now and wait