Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureWaterishere

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Morello:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

(Hint, she's not made of flesh):

spider queen please

Strawberrycocoa

07-06-2012

Plant Mage teaser... Now I want more...

Light LaserTower

07-06-2012

Holy **** **** it's the queen of blades!

Buying.

Superbone1

07-06-2012

Quote:
Squid squid:
maokai got hisself a woomun

Blackthorn Morg got herself a woman too.

RagingBulk

07-06-2012

Shes like a cross between Morrigan, and Poison Ivy.

MordeEsNumbreUno

07-06-2012

Quote:
Morello:
While I maintain that Jayce's whole weapon-transforming thing is really fun, it's really not about some big mega-release milestone. It's a nice round number, sure, but I think it'd be kind of ****ty of us if we were holding something back for this that we'd had been capable of doing previously.

I kind of see it as every champion needs to be a milestone of some kind - just trying to do something we hadn't done before in regards to gameplay, art, lore, or any mixture of them. I'll talk more about a couple of the big issues (monsters, why 3 masculine-style males so close) in a future post, but for this I wanna focus on the specific "champ 100 thing." I feel if there was something more special we could have done here, why aren't we doing that for every champion?

I actually did a quick interview for a cool little video that takes a look back at our first 100 champions...it shows some of the process we use and a bit of revealing the man behind the curtain. I think that goes live next week.

So, I probably shouldn't do this, but what the Hell. I'm really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it's an archetype I think we've needed. I'll....plant a little teaser for you.

Morello, my new favorite Rioter, and the 4th guy in my: "Dudes I respect the most" list.

LemonBao

07-06-2012

Nature Mage > Jayce

Str3SSed

07-06-2012

plz be support

Fangstyle

07-06-2012

Quote:
Morello:

RELEASE JAYCe ALREADY
I CANNOT WAIT ANYMOOOOOOOORREEEEEEEEEEEE.

EDIT:I cannot WAIT for HER anymore.
I give 0 ****es to Jayce.

LGFUandD

07-06-2012

Morello please release that soon. I have been waiting for a champion like this for a while.