Lulu Support - A good support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OtterOfLegend

07-02-2012

One trick to keep in mind is that moving Pix can set up some clutch Glitterlances, especially when escaping. If a jugler comes in, use Help, Pix! strictly on the best position, whether that's on your carry to peel a melee type and give a shield, or on an enemy to get Glitterlance on more of the gankers. For that matter, using Help, Pix! on an out-of-position enemy can land an easy Glitterlance on an otherwise out-of-range target, and can be more effective harrassment than just Pix's mediocre damage.

She's slow as all hell, though, and unlike Sona she can't just spam her E to move quicker. Good warding/CV and good awareness are essential, because if you're out of position you're not going to fix that soon.

Lasie

07-02-2012

haha honestly I am not really a fan of lulu support. but I really like ad lulu. she has a slow and a squirrel to keep her alive an alt. and for some reason its really fun. that being said i have never played her vs anyone our of normal draft pick. (havent been playing ranked that long) so I dont know if that is someone who would just get sht on

SingleSyllable

07-02-2012

Gotta let the opponents come to you and make sure your lane partner is ready for when they do. Try building more offensively also, that could help also.

I generally build Boots of Lucidity, Nashor's Tooth, Locket of the Iron Solari, Aegis of the Legion, Deathfire Grasp, and either Randuin's Omen or Will of the Ancients depending on the situation. I find that people think I am really easy to kill and attempt to jump me when I am zoning, but a quick polymorph and glitterlance makes them back off really fast, else they get jumped by my lane partner.

Go for assists rather than kills; with both Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold (possibly gp10 runes also), you do well enough that you don't really need farm and assists alone will suffice.

Keep practicing, I would love to finally run into another Lulu online one day.

CPG PinkPony

07-03-2012

Lulu happens to be one of my main supports, if not my definite main support. I've been loved by teammates in late game team fights by timing my ult correctly to help secure a kill or to save someone who was about to die. Also Her Polymorph/Superspeed is an effective way to turn the tide of skirmishes. A quick cast of Polymorph on the AD carry and they can't deal any damage, while at the same time you could do damage to her/him or even shield your own AD carry to safety.

CPG PinkPony

07-03-2012

Her move speed is also something you get used to. You have to ward well and have good map awareness to survive ganks and push effectively.

B SIDE

07-03-2012

Lulu is a great support! The best thing about her is her versatility. She has a multi target slow, a shield, a vision/reveal debuff, a haste, a hard disable squirrely power, and a team fight winning HP buff/slow/knock up ult. In fact, she has all that and decent AP ratios to boot.

No doubt there is a high skill cap for support Lulu. But she's fun and effective.

I like to pick Lulu when my team has a really annoying AOE DOT like Renekton or Amumu. It makes her ult too stronk.

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

She is a great support. her long range poke with Q is annoying and does pretty decent dmg.
+ You can extremely outrange your opponents with putting your E on an ally then using your
Q from your ally to poke. Also she can escape from situations not only with her W, and also
her ult if she needs it. It has saved my life a couple of times.

Tepin

03-15-2013

She's good overall, amazing if she's laning with another long range poker like EZ or Cait.

The slow on her Q is substantial and if your ADC is on the ball they will get a lot of Q harass in as well. She's good at long range harass against supports that will try to initiate fights like Taric and Thresh. Whimsy can dismantle their attempts well to.

bhalbur

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITEeNergizer View Post
So how do you do good with Lulu?
Personally I play my lulu mostly about the utility... so il start with a point in q for my main harass but then fully level e first and then my w.... because nearly everyone is out to get kills in bot lane now that big shield is super helpful and then the more you have in your w or squirrel the longer you can keep them from doing damage which is really good for those mid game fights so you want to get that up early... if its a bursty lane just stand back a little and dont even worry about harrasing to much unless someone is out of position completely... because you have higher cooldowns you want to be able to have everything ready for when they do engage so you can easily win the fight...

HIER0

03-15-2013

Probably the highest skill-cap support in the game. It takes alot of practice to get to know all her abilities and all the different ways you can use them, but once you have mastered them you can do so much.

She is the most popular support among top-tier korean players because of how dominant and game-changing she can be when played to perfection