Team Fight Positioning Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Styphi

07-02-2012

Hey guys, hotshotcp here.

As the title explains I've got a question regarding positioning in team fights. More specifically I find when I am playing an AD carry and my team is winning I have trouble positioning myself in line to get at the enemy carries.

The trouble occurs due to my team being AHEAD and initiating the team fights. I almost always end up behind our tanks but only in range of the enemy tanks.
>>> No one is diving on-top of me to kill me
>>> Do you guys have any suggestions for better positioning without dying?

In the past few ranked games: I decided to man-up and just waddle my tiny Tristana legs forward only to be greeted by Tibbers, time bombs and traps.

TL;DR: When your team initiates a team fight and you have a hard time getting to enemy carries (they are not on you either) what do?

JRiMi

07-02-2012

Be glad your initiators are getting the kills and ur alive so now with all ur damage u can push turrets pretty quickly. That's all I can think of lol

Bronze V Jungler

07-02-2012

I find (in normals, not ranked) the only way to go carry to carry is either a 1v1 where you stumble upon eachother, or after you've focused their tank so hard he died or you manage a sneakattack.

Played a game earlier against Darius, Jax, Volibear, Varus, and ... someone who wasn't significant, but I was behind a wall when they started a teamfight, I bursted him es ezreal, then our twitch finished him off from behind before running away so Darius didn't explode us.

Styphi

07-02-2012

Hey guys bumping with some OC

Picture sort of related: http://i.imgur.com/bFDaJ.png

advancedAI

07-02-2012

I simply try to reposition myself to get the best angle to attack their squishies wile staying in a safe position myself. Your tanks and supports should try to CC their carries to put them in a vulnerable spot so you can unload on them.

If I can't seem to get to any squishies I'll just attack whoever is in range. I'm not the best carry but this is at least what I try to do.

Shinako

07-02-2012

As carry I just attack whoever is in range... your assassins, AP nukers, or bruisers should be the ones diving for their AD carry. And hopefully you have a bruiser/tank to peel anyone off of you if things get crazy.

You don't want to put yourself in a bad position just so you can kill someone. You want to survive through the fight to mop up kills/ push lane.