If other team has no jungler.. do I still jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinnslayor

07-03-2012

Hey guys, kind of a n00b question here I know, but I am still pretty new to the game. Especially the jungling aspect of it.

I just hit lvl 30 yesterday and I ended up buying nocturne to try the jungling part of the game. I have played support, ad/ap carries but never touched too much in jungling.

I've played my last 10 games as noc jungling, however some of these games the other team has no jungle and were forced to 2v1 top, I gank as much as possible as well as push the lane but every time i jump back in the jungle to do my route top gets killed. We always lose the lane, top is now fed and the team tends to rage at me.

My question is, if its 2v1 top should I practically ignore the jungle (wasted summoner spell on smite) and just lane in top?

I usually play blind pick so I never know if the other team has a jungle or not until the game starts.

Leonixxiii

07-03-2012

If your giving top ganks then its tops problem... Only vs extremely powerful pairings should you not jungle imo...

What I do is farm only top jungle with our blue and their red, giving bot the small golems if they want, that way I'm close by.

advancedAI

07-03-2012

Help top as much as you can but keep jungling.

It depends on the match-up and who's manning top. Some people get beat up there. Wile other people know how to hug their turret wile setting up some nice gank opportunities. Just do the best you can.

gvaness

07-03-2012

YES
This puts you at a huge advantage. You should be able to keep tabs on all 4 buffs, you'll have twice as many creep camps to farm between lanes, and most importantly, see all 5 opponents at any time.
Your ganks become a lot better due to all of these.
Top needs to understand that he's in a hard spot though, he'll need to hang out at the tower, likely miss some last hits, but he'll get more xp. Very likely he'll lose his lane, make sure others in the team don't give him **** for it. You're basically allowing top to have a very tough early game to make the end game better for you and him.

Oh, top will be pushed, gank a LOT.
Only time I would abandon jungle to help top would be if top is freezing him out completely, then I would go up to help just long enough to break them up a bit.

Micre

07-03-2012

Heh. If you did help top a lot then it is their fault. I have had plenty of success, before the current meta, of playing 1 v 2 top. Of course that was partly because of playing Warwick and Morgana. It was not a problem for me to outlevel them, I had only slightly less cs. I could kill them, and sometimes pull a doublekill. Constant communication with your jungler is integral to pulling this off though. Keep on trucking through it. As the above poster says, this is a HUGE advantage.

Bronze V Jungler

07-03-2012

Yes, jungling when they have no jungler is a great way to go. There are actually a lot of people who can solotop no problem like Shen, Fiora, and Rumble. Just gotta get dem ganks set up.

Purpleiswin

07-03-2012

Before you jungle, ask if anyone is able to handle a possible 1v2 lane. Some people can, some can't. And if they say they can, sometimes they get put against two very rough tops. Like a panth/fizz lane. They can push you to your tower and tower dive all day, top is gonna have it really rough unless they outplay both of the enemies, but it sets up for a nice gank because you can come in from behind and it's tough for them to get away.

Arokis

07-03-2012

i play shaco so i no wat ur going thru.
i just gank when they least expect it or when they are about 2 push.
P.S. that might not woprk w/ all champs plus im only lvl 19 Good Luck!