So.. Just got Jax.. :l How do I Dom with him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Travistyse

07-03-2012

o.O And "Survive until level 6"?

I usually walk in there, go into a bush/the fog of war, and open up a can of counterstrike stun whoop ass.. and by level 4 I have their bot >.>

Gage

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travistyse View Post
o.O And "Survive until level 6"?

I usually walk in there, go into a bush/the fog of war, and open up a can of counterstrike stun whoop ass.. and by level 4 I have their bot >.>
Once in a while, even though you're aggressive, you'll find a few champions that might give you problems. If this happens, focus on minions a bit until you can get boots and have the upper hand for sure.

But yeah, you should be able to be aggressive and dominate from the start, just a few like Malphite and Heimer that can put up a fight early on if you're not careful.

Travistyse

07-03-2012

...As soon as I posted that^

I wound up against a Teemo. He was easy enough, I always came out on top when I'd jump on him.. But then my top kept getting lost and I had to keep 1v2ing.. >.> I was successful but oh my god.. why.. And then they called me a bad Jax o.O We still won though. I still went positive in my K/D. I still capped their bot a bunch of times.. but ****..

IDontWasteFood

07-03-2012

You will own bot, win 1v2, win 1v3, own this champ and that champ. But you have to remember that Jax is OP. You gotta treat him like a guilty pleasure. There is undoubtedly an advantage when playing Jax that no other champ has at the moment. Enjoy it while it lasts cuz I know I am.

Travistyse

07-03-2012

^^Hahaha :3

Why Jax FEELS OP

1. His E has a stun that no one ever accounts for. Honestly up until I played him I didn't even know his E could stun or reduce AOE damage.
2. When I jump on people it's a fair fight. They stay. And then they get stunned. And my passive R goes off. And my W goes off. And my passive stacks are full. And suddenly they realize they've bit off more than they can chew, and now they're ****ed because I can leap at them.
3. You want to run? Cool. Jump. Stun.
4. You want to try and stun me while I'm chasing you Anivia? Merc Treads. Jump on you as soon as the stun wears off.
5. Oh haha Olaf, it would appear you built lifesteal to sustain your semi squishy self? 100% Dodge rate for two seconds followed by a stun.

He's not OP, people just don't deal with him properly.

Travistyse

07-03-2012

How to deal with Jax properly:

Choose someone who can take a few hits, someone who relies on burst won't do the job honestly. (MAYBE Poppy. She's pretty **** intense)

Fake out my E. As soon as you see my E proc, RUN.

As soon as my E goes on cooldown turn around and beat the **** out of me.
If it's a good Jax who doesn't proc his E until he's mid flight or something, try running. Do not engage. Use some CC if you have any (Who doesn't nowadays?) and head for a bush. PING the **** out of your team. 2v1 the Jax who won't have his E for another 10 seconds if you've done it right. All of his power, comes from that E. The stun is EVERYTHING that makes him> Everyone else. Two seconds of LOLSMACKSMACKSMACK followed by a stun is a HUGE advantage in a fight. And I don't think anyone honestly understands that.

DiscworldDeath

07-03-2012

That's the other reason max CDR is good on Jax, especially if you fight another Jax - have another E much earlier, 6 seconds after the first stun goes off at max level.

Goronok

07-03-2012

It's true, the E is his cornerstone, especially against AD's... if it all goes well, three seconds of invulnerability while he just bursts like mad. If you're playing him, don't E early. Use it mid air of a leap at EARLIEST, and you can save it till you're on them if you want, although then you risk being CC'd into not using it. It's his survival. It can also be used defensively in early game, if you get ganked by melees, you can pop it and run, it'll limit damage, and they either back off and lose you, or stay close and get stunned... either way, you have a good chance of getting clear.

The worst thing to happen is if someone manages to run away during your E and wastes it... they turn around after E is gone and you're just a high DPS squishy melee with no more defenses, barring popping your r... which is a good idea if caught without your e.

That's what I like about building heavy offense on Jax... even if you built tanky, you're still somewhat squishy when e/r are down... and even built glass cannon, you're a rock with e/r active... and glass cannon allows you to get as much killing done during e/r as possible :P

Onikenshin

07-07-2012

First you get all 3 abilities for Jax. Boots and the dominion version of dorans blade, I forget what it is called.

Now the boots you are going to build to fight against whoever you are bot laning against. BTW you are going to bot lane... Nobody beats you if you play him correctly, trust me, I know. After boots are bought rush phage. From there just focus on building to counter your enemy. Do not let him kill you. If it's a champion that has a lot of hitpoints, madreds is your best friend and you will stomp him.

Juke in bushes. Jax already has a really fast cd on most his abilities by lvl 13. Juking in the bushes enables Jax to receive little damage. I once fought a Jax who just kept coming at me, so I ran into the bushes, bursted, kept bursting, and he fell over and had to B very often. He was 4 lvls higher than me and with 2 complete items when I had 0. What helps with Jax bot lane is the enemy team will send a pusher. These are generally squishy and will try to kill you. If you cannot reach your target then gunblade or frozen mallet should help you greatly.

In case of being ganked save your stun. If you can, use leap strike to your minion wave. If the guy jumps to you then pop your stun and just reduce their damage, try to stun inside your tower so you can immediately burst.

The first thing you should be doing is harassing with your leap strike. Jump and run into the bushes. Or if they run off kill their big minion. Keep doing this until you are close enough to engage.

I always use Exhaust and Ignite no matter what game mode. My idea of this is, if you are going to have to flash or ghost away, you lost that fight. I rarely lose fights 1v1 or even 1v2. There is no sense in chasing an enemy half way across the map to only be killed, so either see you will not catch him without using 1 of your abilities, or try to catch him and probably get the kill, and then die.