So.. Just got Jax.. :l How do I Dom with him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-02-2012

Similar to what War mentioned, most of the good Jax's I've seen have gone Trinity Force + tanky. Tanky, especially HP tanky, is a bit more effective on Dominion given the scope of teamfights and with Trinity + Jax's kit, he's still able to put out a rediculous amount of damage late game.

The caveat to this is that early game, Jax is somewhat weak, and not knowing how to play him real well yet is going to make you doubly vulnerable early game. Although Jax can dominate bottom, you'll probably be better off going top early on as you figure out what to do with him.

But overall, Trinity + CDR + Tanky.

Rebonack

07-02-2012

Hitting max CDR on Jax is quite powerful. Being able to proc Trinity every two seconds without fail is a very potent tool in his kit.

While not the best build by any means Trinity, CDR Boots, Zeke's, Gunblade, Sanguine, and WotA is hilarious to no end. It packs a decent amount of bonus HP and your Ult and ample leech will help you not die.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Step 1: get trinity
Step 2: Hit max Cdr
Step 3:???
Step 4: Profit

AppleDough

07-02-2012

Well... hah!

I used 21/1/8, 1 point into Heal and take Ghost.

Movement Quints, Damager Per Level Reds, Armor Flats, MR Per Level.

I always call bot lane, you have to focus on minions for the first 6 levels, or at least until you can get your boots, after you get your boots, the biggest thing you need to do is hit your E, try and find a spot like a bush or behind your capture point to hide before hand, then jump in and stun them.

With the movement quints and 2% from utility, you should be able to chase anyone down.

Get Prospectors, Merc treads or Tabi, Vamp Ceptor, then Tri Force. After that, you have 2 slots open. Me personally, I will either get a BF sword first if I have the money, or a Pickaxe, if I don't have enough. Then just get really good at using that E and then Q and W to engage on them. Heal helps a lot so you can win your battle use it at the last second if need be. After that, get your Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer. Once you're really good at hitting E from the bush or fog of war, then popping out, Q and stun them, you're good to go. Like I said, depending on who you are fighting is if you get merc treads or ninja tabi. If you ever get merc treads and they switch an AD carry to fight you bot, just sell them for 840 and BAM Ninja Tabi no problem.

So after you beat up your bot lane a few times and run away, because of the movement quints and utility 2%, if your top lane is suffering and need help, say something like "Teemo come bot please" Once Teemo or whoever is watching your lane for you, proceed to take your fed ass up top to help your team capture and win the game. Go where ever you have to at this point because of movement quints, but I find this works, a lot.

This is just my strategy, thanks for reading.

AppleDough

07-02-2012

Here's the other thing, I can appreciate the CDR but when it comes to me fighting other Jax, sure he is getting his W cooldown faster than I am, but by time he is waiting for all that, I already have a few crits come out from my IE and PD, I do usually walk away from battles at low health, but who is still alive? That's just my take on it.

If you get the VERY end of the match, turn that vamp ceptor into a Sanguine Blade and if you ever have around 1800 and not 2400 for the blade, just sell the vamp ceptor and get a BF sword in the mean time, don't worry too much about the life steal at the end of the match, you already have prospectors and masteries to be just enough, you want that 45 damage.

Travistyse

07-03-2012

^^^ This build worked very well for me, went 13/10/14

Doesn't sound like much compared to what I've done with Poppy, but that's a HUGE improvement over my 3-5/6-13/7ish that I was getting e.e

AppleDough

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travistyse View Post
^^^ This build worked very well for me, went 13/10/14

Doesn't sound like much compared to what I've done with Poppy, but that's a HUGE improvement over my 3-5/6-13/7ish that I was getting e.e
Glad to hear that man, a lot of my success is from staying bot most of the game. Once you get good at surviving to level 6 and get your boots, depending on who you're fighting tabi or merc treads, you should be good to dominate.

IronAegis

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanog View Post
1: Bang your face on the keyboard
2: Jax pentakill
You forgot an important step

3. /all LOL NOOBS

IronAegis

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Similar to what War mentioned, most of the good Jax's I've seen have gone Trinity Force + tanky. Tanky, especially HP tanky, is a bit more effective on Dominion given the scope of teamfights and with Trinity + Jax's kit, he's still able to put out a rediculous amount of damage late game.

The caveat to this is that early game, Jax is somewhat weak, and not knowing how to play him real well yet is going to make you doubly vulnerable early game. Although Jax can dominate bottom, you'll probably be better off going top early on as you figure out what to do with him.

But overall, Trinity + CDR + Tanky.
What is a wrenchman?

Travistyse

07-03-2012

:3 Been going bot all my games with him. Have yet to lose bot for any reason other than ganks, and I've been really good about getting it back quickly or capping a different point to make up for it in the meantime.