Last hitting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AYTKING

08-26-2014

Ok I'm really struggling with this. I'm mean bad. I get maybe 20-30 cs in 10 minutes in every game. It I'm practicing but never improves. I've read tips and so on and still not getting it. I main Sivir at the moment and it is really starting to be frustrating. If there is anyone that can give me some advice or something please let me know. I have never hit 100 in a single game ever my average between 30-40 minute games is 60-69 that's it and of course I lose.

Unsteady

Senior Recruiter

08-26-2014

Usually how I do it is by waiting around, maybe if I'm teemo poisoning some minions and if i see they're really low I just hit them and sometimes it isnt enough but another hit/poison gets it. Also make sure to let all your minions do the work so the opposing minions don't damage you.

AraaKun

08-26-2014

First thing you need to do is know how much damage your auto attacks do and that level.

To do this:

1. Auto attack a relative healthy minion.
2. See how much damage it took.
3. Wait for a minion to get low enough HP.
4. Apply what you got in step 2, and calculate your last hit.

That's really all it is. You just need to know how much damage your auto attacks do. If you need to use an ability to get a minion, do so. Just don't spam and lose all your mana.

It can take a lot of practice to master farming.

BTW, what role are trying to farm with?

Crazian92

08-26-2014

Another point to make is if your getting pushed or zoned.

If your getting pushed towers do a certain amount of damage to minions and sometimes changes throughout the game.

On average the tower will hit a Melee Minion and do a little less then half. 2 hits from tower should lower it enough to kill the minion in one auto.
This of course depends on your items. At early game the tower will hit a spell caster minion and do roughly 3/4 the health. Not enough to hit it once and kill it. (early game = 1-15 min) As your support to hit the spell caster minion once and then let the tower hit the minion and you should be able to last hit it.

Or hit the spell casters all once with once auto. Let tower hit minion then you should be able to last hit. This all depends on champions and time of game and your item set. Best option is to do what AraaKun above mentioned and know how much damage you do per auto. Don't give up and keep at it. Know how much your abilities will do based on what items you have. This is key to not only last hit minions but to know when you will be able to engage and kill enemy champion without being killed.

PrincessFrancesa

Nin10do0014

08-26-2014

Try to recognize whenever a minion is one-shot. If you can eye-ball the health bar of a dying minion, you will be able to recognize when a minion is ripe for the killing.

The next step to this is to see who your minions are attacking. Keep you eye on the minion that your own casters are targeting as caster minions deal most of the damage in lane. Then, estimate how many more hits the enemy minion can take and time your autoattack so that you hit and kill the minion after your casters have dealt enough damage.

It will take a lot of time to perfect this, but create a custom game and put yourself in Mid Lane so that your allies cannot interfere. Assuming you are creating a full bot party for opponents, set your opponent to the third slot, and practice against it.

PartynJesus

08-27-2014

I am a low lvl player also but this is how i do it.

If i am pretty sure my auto attack will last hit it i don't attack it until it gets hit one more time. Then i am positive it will get me the delicious gold!

i don't randomly attack any of them, i let them widdle each other down even if my lane opponent/opponents are pushing the wave. (i almost never get lvl 2 first but i ALWAYS play the start of the game as passive as i can unless i am support)

I have just recently started using ability's to cs as well. This is amazing start using it if your not.

And lastly csing under turret is impossible. I have seen pros do it but i think they are using magic cause its definitely impossible.

I occasionally hit around 70 cs by 10 minutes. Its my goal to always hit 70 cs by 10 minutes. I am still working on it and will let you know later if i have developed a fool proof method of doing this.

Matthias9119

08-27-2014

Quote:
I have just recently started using ability's to cs as well. This is amazing start using it if your not.
Generally not worth it unless you're securing a cannon minion or your ability is one that has a refund mechanic when you get a kill with it (or you're Nasus/Veigar, obviously).

Or if you're playing a non-mana-using champ and don't think you'll need the ability soon otherwise.

Otherwise it's usually better to save your abilities for harassing/trading with your lane opponent.

louis3333

08-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartynJesus View Post
And lastly csing under turret is impossible. I have seen pros do it but i think they are using magic cause its definitely impossible.
Csing under turret isn't that hard, unless you have a bad farmer champ, as long as you know that melee minions take 1 AA and 2 turret shot and Ranged minions take 2 AA and 1 turret shots, you can't really miss a lot of minions. It's certainly more difficult to farm in these situations, but really not impossible.

Son Of Beldar

08-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis3333 View Post
Csing under turret isn't that hard, unless you have a bad farmer champ, as long as you know that melee minions take 2 AA and 1 turret shot and Ranged minions take 1 AA and 2 turret shots, you can't really miss a lot of minions. It's certainly more difficult to farm in these situations, but really not impossible.
You reversed the number of turret and AA's needed for melee vs caster minions, but you're right that once you get the hang of things it's not impossible to clean up at least half or more of a wave that hits your tower. Depending on if you have creeps wailing away too, it's more difficult, but that's when you want to use abilities to get some CS depending on situation.