Suggestion: Blue Player Health Bar

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aethan

Adjudicator

09-01-2010

So I tend to play a few of the shorties and other champions that get lost in the big team fights easily, especially if lag strikes at a bad time. During a match the other day, I started wondering how difficult a programming tweak it would be to make the player's own health bar a different color.

Essentially, your allies stay green bars, enemies stay red, your health bar is now blue for easy tracking. Thoughts?

mcdonaldjord

09-01-2010

wouldnt some people get comfused thinking that was there mana bar so what if it was a diffren color? besides that, awesoom idea

Aethan

Adjudicator

09-01-2010

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of it being the same color as the mana bar. Hmm...

Fayd

Adjudicator

09-01-2010

Still, I agree that some self-differentiation might be helpful, especially when things get crazy... a different shade of green, perhaps? Or some other different shade so as to make distinguishing details easier?

mokaisaotomee

09-01-2010

Gold/yellow would possibly work.

KatsumotoOsaka

09-01-2010

Your health bar is the big green bar at the bottom of the hud. If you can't see it move your head further back from your monitor.

Aethan

Adjudicator

09-01-2010

KatsumotoOsaka, the point is not keeping track of your health total; that much is obvious and easy, as you say. The idea for the color change is to have a distinctive bit of color on the screen to indicate exactly where you are in the middle of the maelstroms of particle effects that are teamfights.

The reason for this suggestion is to make it easier to keep track of your champion in among everyone else's names and healthbars and spell effects on the map itself.

mokaisaotomee

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsumotoOsaka View Post
Your health bar is the big green bar at the bottom of the hud. If you can't see it move your head further back from your monitor.
The problem isn't being unable to see your health mate. The reason another color health bar would be useful would be so that you can track yourself on the screen. This would be useful for folks like me who lose sight of themselves in large teamfights while the camera's unlocked.

Aethan

Adjudicator

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokai Saotome View Post
The problem isn't being unable to see your health mate. The reason another color health bar would be useful would be so that you can track yourself on the screen. This would be useful for folks like me who lose sight of themselves in large teamfights while the camera's unlocked.
Exactly. Thanks for summarizing my point so concisely. : )

CanAPanda

09-02-2010

Could simply put a huge a** arrow over your head, and when you unlock your screen and move the camera so that your character isn't in view anymore, have that arrow point to where your champion is?

12345 ... 6