AD Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatMyTracers

07-01-2012

I just started playing kennen and tried AP but I didn't really like it but then I found out about AD kennen and I actually enjoy it. So what I was wondering is how does AD kennen compare to AP kennen. I do well as AD but I know that does mean anything, if AP is way stronger I would rather play that. AD does work though because in the game I last played as him I was 25-4 and got a penta kill. So you're thoughts on AD kennen is it worth it or should I just do AP.

Purpleiswin

07-01-2012

Either one works, if you do good as AD kennen then do AD Kennen. AP Kennen uses his kit better, but the amount of stuns + ad makes him just as dangerous so it really doesn't matter. AD has been used in high elo tournaments as well so it's not like it's a troll build.

EatMyTracers

07-01-2012

Its the only way I can do good with him so I was wondering if it was even worth it or if I should play a different champion.

TeknoWizard

07-01-2012

It's so stupid to compare AD Kennen to AP Kennen. They're completely different playstyles, and we shouldn't be comparing the two that way. Yes, I do believe an AP Kennen would beat an AD Kennen in a one on one fight. However, you shouldn't compare an AD carry to an AP carry. When you compare AD Kennen to other AD carries, you see how great he is. He has a reliable stun, great escaping, and a practical force field that keeps people away. Seriously, people won't go into your R, even though is does next to nothing with AD.

Only thing to know about AD Kennen is that his damage is lackluster early/mid. If your team doesn't have much damage early, PLEASE don't use him then.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

If you do better as AD Kennen, then play him that way.

AznDonutBoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

They both have their own perks. AP Kennen has an easier time to set up your team to do better as a whole because of his AoE stunning capability, and instantly killing the enemy carry or locking them up for your team to kill them. AD Kennen is also viable. Hes not as strong as other AD carries because he lacks a solid steroid. The perks for AD Kennen is that he requires less baby sitting during team fights and in lane because lighting rush can get him out of situations and his ult and skills allow for him to kite during a team fight while you deal the damage of a AD carry.

arizonabay96

07-02-2012

I love playing AD Kennen. I always get yelled though for being a "noob" or "troll." its nice to see other people that know he is viable

EatMyTracers

07-02-2012

Ok so AD is actually very viable. I actually played a game against an AP Kennen that got fed and I didn't and I had way more damage at the end of the game. I'm going to stick with AD kennen because I do really good as him.

TheL4stResort

07-02-2012

AD kennen is viable beacuse he scales amazingly well with AD ratios.

Propheciah

07-02-2012

As AD Kennen, your skills become utility only but you gain more AA damage. As AP Kennen you rely more on your skills for damage. Either one is solid but AD Kennen has CC and a long dash with sustained damage instead of burst damage.