Swarm of the Void- Art included

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

hmm, ok my bad i thought this was clear. So what happens is when all the 5 seconds are up all abilities go on a 7 second cooldown. So if you cast Q, it greys out, if you then cast W it then greys out. And then E, everything cools down for 7 seconds. If you hit Q and then don't follow up, everything goes on cooldown for 7 seconds. The Swarm is a High Risk/High Reward Champion, thats why I gave them so much sustain and movement speed boons. They need to be able to complete that combo, also why I switched them from an energy based champion to a health based champion. I guess I didn't clarify that. Ill do so soon. I'm a head to bed soon so let me reserve a spot for a review on Baavon, then ill fix this tomorrow and take the time to look over Baavon tomorrow.

Icraig33

10-01-2012

ok, thanks for clearing that up. He suddenly looks much more balanced than I had initially thought just because of that bit of info

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Indeed, I paid close attention to the fact that I didn't want him to be a complete monster that breaks the game completely as invoker was once people started realizing how powerful he really was where you could solo their entire team without really trying. I wanted to have a champion that bends to a lot of play styles and encourages the use of combo'ing but wasn't so forced to combat that it begins to make them weaker, as leona is sort of right now, she has crazy control but absolutely no way of disengaging. But also I didn't want people spamming the combo system and just blowing every champion out of the water.

MurdokX

10-02-2012

hey i love your idea, is it ok if i make a concept art for it too!?

BergMeister

10-02-2012

yeh why not, never hurts to have a different peek at it.

Icraig33

10-02-2012

Aight, here is the rest of my review. I was originally going to go all out and calculate the balance of the champion, but after completely reading through the skill set, All I have to say is that, while the abilities seem relatively well-balanced (except maybe a bit too much damage output at early levels), It all just feels like damage stacked on more damage.

I was expecting a huge amount of variety and utility with this champ due to the nature of his spells and was slightly disappointed when I got 87% direct damage abilities with slight side-effects instead. it's the same reason I don't exactly like Invoker: As complex as he's made out to be, the majority of his spells are just direct damage. I know a lot of champions in this game are just direct-damage, but the problem is that you went with an ability system that offered the chance at versatility and variety, but it just doesn't feel like you did anything with the idea.

I'd say take half of this champions abilities, lower the damage those abilities by a good amount, but increase the additional effects they do as well. That way, there is more reason to use one combo instead of just going for whatever does the most damage every time.

BergMeister

10-02-2012

I can consider re-doing a few of his abilities, however, his abilities are split up into 3 different options, its not always which does the most damage, sometimes doing little damage and stunning the target might be a better option than just blowing them up. and If you stick with omen's chain for everything your going to suffer in teamfights, which is where Gevaar's kit comes in handy. But again, this is the base finished version of the Swarm of the Void, reworks might come, new abilities may be a result. I've changed a few as it is to better fit their synergy and playstyles. Thank you for your review Icraig it was a help, ill take your thoughts into consideration yet this will not be for a little bit, I have other projects I wish to do, I simply wanted to clean up what I had so it is presentable. And btw, I'm afraid of going all out on the abilities because I didn't want to have so many complicated spells when theres 15 of them, it needed to be somewhat simple without crazy mechanics. yet there are still fun spells such as infection and the bouncing voidballs.

DaBombDiggity

10-11-2012

I REALLY like the idea of this champ. And sorry if someone mentioned before (didn't really want to go through 8 pages of stuff) but won't that make his week under lvl 3?

Other than that I would love to see a champion like this added to the League Roster. Adds a unique gameplay that LoL might need

BergMeister

10-11-2012

Yes the Swarm would be weaker while under level 3, in fact lvl 1 would be rather rough. to compensate for that and the fact they might be rather weak after their combo is down I added an armor boon to them while it is on cooldown. At level 2 they should be alright from that point on, keep in mind the jungle is so much easier than it used to be, at this point you can jungle with pretty much everyone (karthus jungle ftw!) so im not too worried about their ability to clear, thus their jungle capability comes down to their ability to gank, and at lvl 3 im convinced they could do that very well with the chase power they have. Also, I didn't want to lock them into a jungle position, I believe they could be a real monster in the top lane, and if your really crafty, you could use their cc as a tanky support role.

BergMeister

10-13-2012

bump