Swarm of the Void- Art included

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

does no one have anything more to say /:?

dragonmasterneo

09-26-2012

nice idea also the combination of your idea and the look of deltamon and what that one guy said gave me an idea of an special chimera type void beast

Shruiecken

09-26-2012

keep it the 3 beasts, are there going to be any distinctive features showing the difference between em? (makrings odd spines etc)

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shruiecken View Post
keep it the 3 beasts, are there going to be any distinctive features showing the difference between em? (makrings odd spines etc)
indeed, its prevalent in the art. Omen is a redish color, Qualm is a deep violet, and Gevaar is a cobalt color. In addition, Gevaar has larger eyes on the left side of his body, and fewer than the other two. Omen has more spine-spikes, and Qualm has two tendrils that go from his head that have all his eyes on it. I forgot to put the tendril part in the digital art, but its visible in the pencil drawing.

Also! If you were to see them in game, Qualm will always be in the center, Omen will always be to the left of Qualm, and Gevaar will always be to the right of Qualm.

Sconethief

09-27-2012

Much too complicated and probably too powerful for League. Riot doesnt like invoker at all so I dont see why they would make a champ similar to this. Its a cool idea but its more fitted to dota than league.

BergMeister

09-27-2012

Invoker was able use the abilities multiple times increasing the number of possible combinations. The Swarm is a combo based champion not a recipe based champion. While I understand what you are saying it wouldn't take long to learn the possibilities. Yes it would be a complicated and difficult champion, but is no means too complicated to be within the game. There are only 16 possible uses of his abilities. One is his ultimate, and each are broken up into 3 branches. Single Target damage, CC, or Magic Damage. It would all come down to preference of play, and maybe 10 minutes of reviewing the champion and working with some of his abilities. As far as his abilities' power, they do no more or less damage than the average champion, they can only use 3 of the abilities not including their ultimate at a time, and most require them to be rather close to the enemy to use it. They're also not allowed to consistently spam their combo, there is a 7 second cool down AFTER they finish one. Yet, thank you, I'm glad you found it a cool idea, but I would like to see some more thoughtful mechanic'd champions make their way into the league wouldn't you? I for one am a bit tired of the one tracked champions.

BergMeister

09-30-2012

Got a few opinions, some more would be appreciated [: wanna make sure that I've done justice for this champion idea to the best I can.

Icraig33

10-01-2012

Aight, since you politely asked that I give you a trade review, I feel that it's only fair that I give you one. Keep in mind that any changes I suggest are just what they are: suggestions.

Before I get into the nitty-gritty of the abilities, I'm just going to be honest and say it right now: in my opinion: you have too much stuff. WAY too much stuff. I personally hate it when a concept has 3 walls of text worth if info to sift through. At first, I thought it was just a placeholder for when you complete the champion until I kept going down and noticed that the concept itself was actually on the 2nd post. Considering I have a tight college schedule to follow, it can be very aggravating to me. Not that this interferes with my view on your champion, i'm just expressing my pet peeve.I highly recommend you cut out some of the info or, at least, bump up the actual concept part to the first post, with the lore in the second post and the first post in the third post, cutting out all the Introduction elements from it. It sounds like a hassle, I know, but trust me when I say those with less spare time on our hands will thank you for it. This way, we can get to the most important part first. It's mostly a question of efficiency

onto the actual champion itself. before I get into each ability, two things:

first, what's the attack range of the champion? (if the champ is melee, then I'd recommend putting it at 125 units)

- , What exactly counts as a combo? What if, say, I want to use Q+W, but not a third active? What is you're only level 1 and have just one ability ranked? Also, are the cooldowns global similar to Sona (I'll refer to the champion as 'his' even though it's technically three beasts for the sake of simplicity)? How much time is there to perform a second/third ability before the cooldown sets off (for example, Ahri has a 5s window to re-cast her Ult before the cooldown sets off. The number on that is probably off, but I hope you get my point none the less).
I'd calculate DPS, but I can't because this cooldown system isn't clarified

- Innate:
- How long does the movement speed bonus last? Does it stack? Other than those questions, i'd say that the healing you receive on champion kill could be too much. I know you have to kill a champion to heal that much, but it still feels like it's too much, considering that you also gain movement speed for ?? seconds as well.

I'll provide feedback on the rest of his spells once you have the cooldowns clarified. Things to consider:

- is his AD scaling Bonus or Total?
- What is the cast range on his abilities? Or are they all on-hit abilities?

So far, I'm liking the idea of the champion (having multiple little critters fighting as one), but I'm worried about the balance of this champion though I can't know for sure yet.

BergMeister

10-01-2012

Thanks Icraig, most of the information I had was simply information that someone may or may not take interest to, however you were correct, it was misplaced. It had originally been a placeholder as I was completing the champion, and done in the order that I had stuff done. Yet now that the champion is about 99% complete, you are correct, its time I rearrange and put the relevant stuff at the top and the less important stuff somewhere it can be ignored if chosen to be that I don't bore my readers. I've been making minor improvements as I went, but with a bit of consideration it was absolutely necessary for me to finally make the changes that it really needed.
I have updated some of the abilities in terms of missing numbers and durations, I have to rerun my numbers, but I believe I meant for it to be Total AD. oh and this is a melee champion for the most part, gevaar has the largest range of the three of them with his abilities.

EDIT: oh btw! Which champion was it that you would most like a review for out of me?
EDIT: Also, all abilites have their range written in, those that do not have: "On next basic attack" written in.

Icraig33

10-01-2012

ok, epic. you cleared up most of my questions, though one still remains:

are the cooldowns global, or just for the first ability used? I'm guessing for the first ability used? Also, I just realized: What if you want to use E, Q, W, but the Q is on cooldown? Do 2nd/3rd ability casts count as separate abilities? or are you unable to use that ability as a 2nd/3rd cast while it's on cooldown?

As for the champ I would like reviewed, My current top priority would be my latest champion remake Baavon, The Grand Duke:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=903796