Swarm of the Void- Art included

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazeWarning

10-28-2012

It seems that if you did the three-headed dog thing it would be too cliche, stick with the original swarm concept.

P.S. That swarm splash looks really cool! But could there be more distinguishing features rather than a tongue just a sticking out of Gevaar?

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

I wasn't the one who did the splash, it was murdokX. But most of the distinguishing features are present, their colors, the amount of eyes, and the way they hold themselves, notice how Qualm is very structured almost contemplating something, Omen has the look as though hes looking to kill something, and Gevaar is just in his own world. Other than that, yes I've officially decided a while ago that they will remain as 3 separate void-dogs as compaired to being a 3 headed creature for much of the same reason, also I wanted them to be viewed as 3 different characters each with their own persona, and a 3 headed creature loses that and their ability to be animated in their own personality, also theyre not so much of a Swarm then.

3mptylord

10-28-2012

I took the liberty of creating this for you: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...rm_of_the_Void

It's current unfinished, but that's primarily because I wasn't sure if I had his skill in the right places.

For the third-spell, is the Q/W/E I'm looking for the original ability? Or the second ability? As in, if I press Q it unlocks a new W and E. If I press W, for the third E ability: is it the Third-Q, or Third-W?

I'm current assuming if I press Q, I look at the Q-Second and Q-Third abilities and that is currently what that Wiki article shows. I could be wrong though... in which case, all the third abilities are in the wrong places.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Yes. Think of it like this. You have you Starter spell, Your second spell, and your third spell. Each ability has 1 Starter spell, 2 second spells, and 2 third spells. the 2 second and third spells each coordinate with the last button you hit, I have it marked as (From Q) or (From W) the button you last pressed will be the chain you are allowed to press. You have it slightly different on the forums but I understand what you did, you have it organized under the different void monsters and the abilities they use. Oh and Blink doesn't do anything, They can cast Isolation as a normal spell, do I have that written wrong? EDIT: oh i see what you did.

Oh, and thanks for putting it up on the wiki, im not a big wiki user so having someone else taking the liberty to spread the word should riot look at it or not who cares, if even it serves as an inspiration to others for better champion design with the emphasis on creative kits it is always welcome. The only thing I asked is that due credit is given and a link to the forum page is present, ensure MurdokX gets the credit for the splash on the page since its being used.

Oh and one more thing [: I see your running against the Swarm in the competition best of luck to you competitor!

3mptylord

11-03-2012

I think I have almost all of the third abilities in the wrong order.

When I created it, I was of the understanding that if you start with Q, you follow the Q path/use all the "from Q" abilities. But as you've just described it there, most/all of the third abilities will be wrong. For example, in the Q box I've listed the "from Q" third abilities; whereas you've intended that the third ability is based on the second ability you press. So if I press W, the third ability is "from W". I'll update it now, tell me if it's correct when I'm done.

Also, I planned to polish the page with numbers, links, etc, when I'm done. But as we've just established, it's wrong. ^_^

EDIT: I'm going to confirm I'm right before I edit. I'm on my laptop for the weekend and editing the wiki is laggy.

Are these his combos?
Omen of Agony -> Mental Barrage -> Nausea
Omen of Agony -> Blink -> Discharge
Sentiment of Fear -> Crippling Bite -> Infection
Sentiment of Fear -> Bad Breath -> Cleave
Agateophobia -> Energizing Roar -> Isolation
Agateophobia -> Icathian Gaze -> Skull Bash

I currently have these (but these are wrong):
Omen of Agony -> Mental Barrage -> Infection
Omen of Agony -> Blink -> Isolation
Sentiment of Fear -> Crippling Bite -> Nausea
Sentiment of Fear -> Bad Breath -> Skull Bash
Agateophobia -> Energizing Roar -> Discharge
Agateophobia -> Icathian Gaze -> Cleave

Also, some questions:
Does Mental Barrage only work on the enemy marks with Omen of Agony?
Does Icathian Gaze only work on the enemy marked with Agateophobia? Or, like Lee Sin's Q, does it automatically target them?

I've changed the wording on some of the skills to say "Casting Energizing Roar grants the Swarm the ability to cast Isolation for 5 seconds", given that it is impossible to fail; whereas I've still written "If Mental Barrage lands..." given that it's an auto-attack modifier. How does that work with abilities and spell shields? If the target has a spell shield and blocks Omen of Agony, does the combo start? What about Bad Breath: if they block it with a spell shield, does the combo end or does they still gain the ability to use Cleave?

BergMeister

11-03-2012

Yeh you got the idea now, and the only way to get mental barrage is to hit Q first so yeh, sorta, however if they spell shield I do not believe that should prevent that swarm from being able to complete their combo, that sorta sucks. It will block that damage and whatever the spell effect is but other than that. It would completely screw them if a spell sheild was blocked. Icathian gaze will be an on press ability such as malzahar's Malefic Visions.

BergMeister

11-04-2012

bumping for now. but a few days left til voting.

3mptylord

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
Yeh you got the idea now, and the only way to get mental barrage is to hit Q first so yeh, sorta, however if they spell shield I do not believe that should prevent that swarm from being able to complete their combo, that sorta sucks. It will block that damage and whatever the spell effect is but other than that. It would completely screw them if a spell sheild was blocked. Icathian gaze will be an on press ability such as malzahar's Malefic Visions.
You didn't really answer my question about whether my "third abilities" are correct, but I'll assume they are now.

Also, I meant does his Mental Barrage *have* to be used on the same person who is currently marked with Omen of Death. Or can you target someone else? I'm aware you have to use them in the correct order; but do they have to be on the same target?

BergMeister

11-05-2012

No they are not required to be on the same target, they are able to cast it on anyone so long as they land them before the time runs out. and yeh the third abilities are correct.

ShaIom

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo666EVIL1 View Post
How about instead of 3 seperate void dogs, you make it into a big 3 headed dog? Couldn't that work?
You could also change the Ulti name to something like Separation of the Void and the 3 headed creature separates into 3 separate creatures ^.^ Just an idea!