Lets hammer out a serious build for AD Ezreal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicXX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

I feel like this is the one AD carry where there is some debate on an optimal build due to the nature of the champion. As Ez you rely less on crits and other AD carries have a lot better auto attack damage. So should we really be building him the same way?

For example, the standard build seems to involve getting an IE as your first big item. But why not go for a BT or BC instead? BT provides much needed damage and Black Cleaver is applied with Q. And like I said, crit isn't as good on Ez as it is on other carries.

Where should Triforce come into the build, if at all? I feel like you should wait until you have some standard AD carry items (i.e. BF sword item and PD) before going for this. But what about getting Sheen early? Or even an early Zeal?

I'm no expert so forgive me if any of my questions are dumb. Constructive input is welcomed.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

i like to build ez like this: boots/pots, first b get 2 dorans and a vamp scept/sheen. after, i build bloodthirster and then finish trinity force. if they stack armor i'll get last whisper, if not i'll get IE. after i get one of those i usually build GA or QSS depending if they have some kind of suppress or big stun or not. then the last item is last whisper/IE depending on which you built before. same build i do with corki but instead of rushing bloodthirster i'll rush IE.

ProPlayerEd

07-01-2012

AD carries that grab an IE first is because they have an AS booster like Graves Quick Draw. Ezreal does have his passive but a BT or BC would do him better for Early/Mid game. Ezreal mainly uses his spells in the Early/Mid part of the game so that's why IE should come in Late game when you start to do more AA's.

Getting a sheen early after a BT or BC would help his dmg even more due to proc, It also help to get when your having mana problems. Many Ezreal Players get Tri-Force after there boots and BT/BC for its nifty utility it provide to Ezreal. I would think about selling it for a PD at a point in the game when you have everything and are just buying potions for boost.

Hope this helps!, GL and HF

MrHydeKills

07-21-2012

Due to his q and w, if you build IE first, you do more damage than any other carry naturally(assuming you can hit your aim shots).

I build ez- 2 dorians and boots(if I have healing support, dorians first), if I'm struggling with getting poked, vamp, sheen if I'm ahead, IE if they want to go toe to toe with me.

My end game build for ez- AS boots, IE, TF, BT, ghostblade, last item is situational, bt and ghostblade swap order depending on if they have armor or not. Lat item- nuke(hp stackers or just don't do enough damage)>madreds, a bit of all around durability>GA, surviving large burst(not hp based burst)>warmog, too much ad>thornmail.

Keep in mind, TF works best if you don't hit someone with your q first(q eats TF proc). Auto attack after w, e or ult, then blast thru your spells. This gives your auto, which can crit, the benefit of TF.