Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
"Fine, fine." Evelynn eats one of the candies off the bowl on Lux's coffee table. "Hm... you know I almost forgot I was in Demacia. I have a kill on sight order here." Evelynn looks up at Lux with an insincere pout. "You're not going to vaporize me, are you?"
"Huh?" Lux asked, confused. "Since when? Last I checked, we let you run a business here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojel View Post
This does make me wonder, is there a minimum age on basic arms training...
-Black Rider Couriers, making sure your message ends up where it should be-
Well, define basic arms training. We teach fencing in elementary school, after all. If you mean arms training on Demacian training grounds, children can be signed up for mock combat sports as extracurricular activities. But the real basic arms training with real weapons is reserved for 18 and up.

st0pb0t

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
"Huh?" Lux asked, confused. "Since when? Last I checked, we let you run a business here!"
"Which was leased under Twisted Fate's name and a pseudonym is made up."

Evelynn morphs into a white-skinned brunette wearing classy business attire.

"Lenyvn Dhampir, at your service, Lady Crownguard," Evelynn said with a mischievous grin and an entirely different voice.

Dojel

09-12-2012

Quote:
Well, define basic arms training. We teach fencing in elementary school, after all. If you mean arms training on Demacian training grounds, children can be signed up for mock combat sports as extracurricular activities. But the real basic arms training with real weapons is reserved for 18 and up.
Okay... Do you choose your weapon or are you taught in all of them.

Also, the messenger is making me ask, How do you think about couriers?

Dear Luxanna

09-12-2012

Quote:
"Which was leased under Twisted Fate's name and a pseudonym is made up."

Evelynn morphs into a white-skinned brunette wearing classy business attire.

"Lenyvn Dhampir, at your service, Lady Crownguard," Evelynn said with a mischievous grin and an entirely different voice.
Lux recoiled in surprise, looking Eve over.

"That's amazing!" She exclaimed. "I didn't know you could do that. Wow!"

Quote:
Okay... Do you choose your weapon or are you taught in all of them.

Also, the messenger is making me ask, How do you think about couriers?
The classes mostly involve staves, short and long, to imitate a variety of weapons.

I've no problem with couriers. Why would I? You're an honorable profession. Pretty brave, too, depending on who's sending messages!

st0pb0t

09-12-2012

Quote:
Lux recoiled in surprise, looking Eve over.

"That's amazing!" She exclaimed. "I didn't know you could do that. Wow!"
Evelynn blinked slowly in confusion. That was certainly not the reaction she was expecting. Still, she did enjoy putting on a show, so she smiled and beckoned Lux over with a long, alluring finger. "Got any requests?" Evelynn morphs into Lux herself mid-sentence, her voice changing pitch between words.

Dear Luxanna

09-12-2012

Quote:
Evelynn blinked slowly in confusion. That was certainly not the reaction she was expecting. Still, she did enjoy putting on a show, so she smiled and beckoned Lux over with a long, alluring finger. "Got any requests?" Evelynn morphs into Lux herself mid-sentence, her voice changing pitch between words.
Lux let out a surprised yelp.

"T-that's cool." She said nervously. "But please don't imitate me like that."

st0pb0t

09-12-2012

Quote:
Lux let out a surprised yelp.

"T-that's cool." She said nervously. "But please don't imitate me like that."
Evelynn morphs into a hunky, sandy-haired man wearing only a speedo.

"Better?"

Dojel

09-12-2012

Quote:
The classes mostly involve staves, short and long, to imitate a variety of weapons.

I've no problem with couriers. Why would I? You're an honorable profession. Pretty brave, too, depending on who's sending messages!
That is... Thank you Lux... my methods are pretty disagreeable, I'm sure, I tend to hide to avoid having to fight over it... well, I used to, not many messages of that kind anymore.
Nobody ever called it honorable. Most people look down on us, especially me, since I'm a mercenary courier. I don't doubt your intelligence, but to avoid confusion, that means I'm freelance and still get payed personally. I didn't expect you, from Demacia, where honor is one of the most important virtues, to actually apreciate my line of work.

AskPantheon

09-12-2012

Quote:
Hello, Pantheon.

Oh, almost slipped up there! Thanks for the Lux. <3

The minimum age to enter training is 16, but they're not allowed to serve formally, are are barred from a lot of the facilities, until 18. The training is very difficult. Broken bones are way more common than I'm comfortable with.

I've never tried hand to hand combat, but all mages still have to go through basic training before we're allowed to serve in the Demacian military. I'm way tougher than I look!

Lux
Being informal never was something I was very good at. Regardless, what does Demacian basic training consist of? To graduate, must you kill an opponent in single combat or anything of the sort?

-Pantheon, the Artisan of War

Dear Luxanna

09-12-2012

Quote:
Evelynn morphs into a hunky, sandy-haired man wearing only a speedo.

"Better?"
Lux flushed beet red.

"Stop it!" She protested. "...you're a woman, anyway! This is just creepy!"

Quote:
That is... Thank you Lux... my methods are pretty disagreeable, I'm sure, I tend to hide to avoid having to fight over it... well, I used to, not many messages of that kind anymore.
Nobody ever called it honorable. Most people look down on us, especially me, since I'm a mercenary courier. I don't doubt your intelligence, but to avoid confusion, that means I'm freelance and still get payed personally. I didn't expect you, from Demacia, where honor is one of the most important virtues, to actually apreciate my line of work.
I don't get why anyone would find your line of work disagreeable. You send people messages when they can't or don't want to show up themselves. You keep a lot of peace, if anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskPantheon View Post
Being informal never was something I was very good at. Regardless, what does Demacian basic training consist of? To graduate, must you kill an opponent in single combat or anything of the sort?

-Pantheon, the Artisan of War
Of course not! Basic training has a lot of different things. There's strength training, laps, lots and lots of cardio, plenty of combat training with real partners. It all leads up to two final trials. The first one is a duel with another graduating soldier, where you're expected to put on your best gear, grab your best weapons, and showcase everything you know. You're not expected to win, you just have to prove yourself.

The second is an obstacle course. I don't think I'm allowed to tell you everything in it, but it's basically a huge culmination of all the basic training exercises. The whole thing has standards for completing each component, and the whole thing is timed. And for that one, either your whole class graduates, or none of you do.

Why do you ask? Are you interested in joining the Demacian military? We'd be happy to have you!

Lux~