Sona's Demacian Home [Ask Sona 2.0]

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the String

05-24-2014

Name:  1 Sona's House.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  151.8 KB

The House of Buvelle. In the rural part of Demacia, a short distance away from the usual hustle of the city life, stood the humble home of the Maven of the Strings. Only Sona Buvelle lives here, no servants.

Name:  2 Golden Door.jpg
Size:  146.6 KB

As one would approach the gilded door to the home, just beyond the small garden in front of the home, they would notice no handle or knob. Sona's door was uniquely enchanted - it could only be opened from a unique chord from Sona's Etwahl.

Name:  3 First Floor Hallway.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  154.3 KB

Once inside, the gold and blue carpeted hallway would lead you into the rest of the home. On the left, stood the kitchen and dining room area. On the right, the living room and stage room. and straight ahead led to the upper floor rooms.

Name:  5 Kitchen 2.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  150.9 KB

Sona's kitchen was small for a noble, but it was a perfect place for her to cook her small meals and brew her famous tea. Rumor has it that there's more tea bags in Sona's kitchen than souls in Thresh's lantern.

Name:  6 Dining Room.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  155.1 KB

Behind the kitchen was the dining room, a small room with a long table, able to sit up to 8 people comfortably. Sona herself didn't use the table often, as she prefered to eat in the living room. But when she has a large number of guests, she'll be sure to set it up properly.

Name:  7 Storage Room.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  140.7 KB

In the back behind Sona's kitchen and dining room was her storage room. Similar to a garage, it was mostly used to hold what her closets couldn't. Since Sona doesn't often buy a whole lot, it's more or less used to store gifts and special letters she receives from fans.

Name:  8 Living Room.jpg
Size:  139.8 KB

On the right of the hallway was Sona's living room. It was mostly unremarkable aside from the exceedingly large couch along the wall, and a small chair beside it. A wooden table sat in front of Sona's couch, usually polluted with either tea trays or music sheets.

Name:  9 Back Room.jpg
Size:  130.5 KB

While her living room seemed small at first, it was actually twice as large. a removable curtain wall blocks half the room. This part of the living room includes a fireplace often not used except in the colder months, and a doorway to the backyard porch. It also comes with a secret of its own.

Name:  10 Secret Stage.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  142.4 KB

A small stage is set up behind the curtain in the back of Sona's living room. It wasn't fancy and the acoustics were terrible compared to a real concert, but it did function as a good place to play music for private parties.

Name:  11 Backyard.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  143.7 KB

The backyard is pretty uneventful. It was large enough to host several parties if needed, but it was rarely used for anything else. the porch drops off into a small unfenced field behind Sona's home, often leading to people or animals coming and going as they so choose. In Sona's backyard you can also notice the second floor, actually an addition to Sona's home long before she ever moved in. She is more than aware of how unnatural it looks from the outside, but there's little that can be done from it. At least it's held up all these years fairly well.

Name:  12 2nd Floor Hallway.jpg
Size:  169.7 KB

Following the yellow blue carpet up to the second floor, you would come across a different decoration style. This time the floor is striped with blue and white carpet, similar to the color scheme of Sona's common dress.

Up here was a total of 10 doors and 10 rooms.

Name:  13 1st Closet (Instruments).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  152.3 KB

Immediately on your left would be Sona's instrument closet. This is usually where Sona stores instruments and music sheets she's not using. Things may seem out of order or misplaced, but she can assure you there is indeed an order....somewhere.

Name:  14 Guest Bedroom.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  208.9 KB

Across from that was the guest bedroom. Here is where guests could stay for the night if Sona allows them the privilege to do so. The room is mostly empty, save for a queen sized bed and a small bedside table, as well as 2 lamps. There's also additional sleeping bags in case there were multiple people who wished to spend the night at the Buvelle manor.

Name:  16 Guest Bathroom.jpg
Size:  160.9 KB

Connected both by the guest room and the hallway stood the guest bathroom. The water might not always be warm, and sometimes the shower gets clogged up, but at least the mirror's always clean, toilet shines like a new day, and it functions as a bathroom. Those who visit Sona's home and need a restroom will usually head up here.

Name:  15 2nd Closet (Clothes).jpg
Size:  181.8 KB

Across from the guest bathroom is the 2nd closet, this one is for Sona's clothes. With no closet in her own room, Sona has to store her clothes down the hall a little. Which is fine for her, as she is usually alone.

Name:  17 Empty Room.jpg
Size:  150.2 KB

Next to the clothes closet is an empty room. This room has remained empty since Sona moved in, due to a dream she had a child. She always promised herself one day she'll be so successful that she'll have a house with enough rooms to always be able to keep at least one empty.

Name:  18 Music Room.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  141.4 KB

Across from there stood the music room. What house of the Maven of the Strings would be complete without a room dedicated to music? There's music sheets, a piano, several stringed instruments from Ionia, some flutes, and more than enough room for Sona or anyone else to write their next greatest hit.

Name:  19 Music Room - Sound Proof Room.jpg
Size:  83.2 KB

And connected to the music room was a sound proof area, almost like a studio. Here, you could be as loud as Vi and Lee Sin in a boxing match and no one outside the door would know you were doing anything. Sona uses this area when writing for Pentakill.

Name:  20 3rd Closet (Personal).jpg
Views: 83
Size:  166.6 KB

Next to the music room was a closet with two doors. Here, Sona would store anything truly near and dear to her, such as letters from her mother, gifts from close friends, personal possessions...anything special to her.

Name:  21 Sona's bedroom.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  206.7 KB

And lastly, at the end of the hall is Sona's own room. It is the largest room on the second floor, and rightfully so. Inside is mounted all of Sona's pictures of her friends and concerts, not to showcase herself, but to showcase her fans that are near and dear to her heart. Each has a personal meaning to her. In the center of the room was her large bed, nearly double the size of a king sized bed. One the right of the bed was the stand where Sona stores the Etwahl every night, as well as a lamp to help light the room when late night music writing. And on the other side was a shelf filled with books on music, she often kept to help her whenever she has a musician's block, as well as another lamp for when Sona requires the maximum light.

Name:  22 Sona's Bathroom.jpg
Size:  168.6 KB]

And connected to Sona's room is of course her personal bathroom. It comes with a large hot tub bath, able to fit at least 10 people. As well as a double sink, and large room for getting dressed. Unfortunately you won't get to see it often, as only Sona may come in here.

----------

((Hai people! Many of you are probably wondering why I'm making a new thread here for Sona. I'm restarting her from the beginning, retconning everything I've done in the past years. I've been wanting to do this for quite a few months now, and have been trying to end most RP's to make the impact less dramatic, but as history shows, nothing on this forum ends. They just die out. So, rather than wait another half a year to restart, I decided to just get this over with.

For those of you wondering why, it's simply due to the fact I feel as though I've drifted away from the character Sona should actually be. I didn't realize until recently a lot of what I based Sona off of (Such as the difficulty to walk, and ability to speak through music, her dislike toward fighting on the fields) was the old roleplayer's cannon, not the lore. To help keep true to Riot's vision of her, I've decided restart everything properly. This time I'll stick true to the Maven of the Strings. She'll still be able to speak through her music, but it'll be more difficult to understand her without truly listening to the song.

Now it's not a hard restart of course. Any role plays that canonically make sense still stick around like Sona helping Nami look for the Moonstone and Sona assisting in Diana's temple. As for character changing RP's like dates, any RP based off her voice box, and recent visits are gone. Any ongoing RP's you had in my previous thread will have to be restarted again if you wish to continue.

Oh, and for those of you who want a true indepth look into the Maven of the String's story, I wrote her a little autobiography. Enjoy!

Now, if you have questions, ask them! Letters and visits will be acceptable, but do recall Sona's door can only be opened by her own music. Unless you crawled through the window you can't waltz up to her without knocking.

Also,here's the outline of her house, incase you didn't read those two paragraphs of description above

Name:  Sona.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  369.1 KB

))

Update: 7.31.14 - New Original Post. Now with pictures! Sorry for the 16 bit quality, but I hope it puts some color into the descriptions. Still leaving the outline as a reference of where everything is.

AskChoGath

05-24-2014

Quote:
A letter would arrive for Sona via the normal messenger. While it had the seal of the Institute on it, it also had a drawing of a miniature voidling with a heart next to it.

Dear Lady Buvelle,

Master Cho'Gath is going through a phase of inner turmoil. While I personally believe he will be alright with Abagail, the summoners aren't pleased by his unprovoked actions. It is strange, but it's not like he's trying to devour everything in his path again.

Anyway, I was wondering if you would be willing to help us get him back? You won't be in danger, we just need you around the mansion for a few hours when we bring him back and if my neurotoxin recipe works.

Best wishes,
Ebony, the greatest chef ever!

P.S. I'll prepare some really good food for you for a week if you do help us.
((I posted this in your old thread, so here it is in this one.))

RG2000

05-24-2014

((What about my bird asking for my book ? Do I have to restart everything from the beginning ?..I mean...for real ?..It's been like more than half a year, and when I'm about to reveal my RP's char true motives....that's like..something I don't wanna repeat from the beginning.))

Ask the Herald

05-24-2014

{{ Well, sh*t. There goes Viktor's ONLY saving grace.... }}

Ask the String

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskChoGath View Post
A letter would arrive for Sona via the normal messenger. While it had the seal of the Institute on it, it also had a drawing of a miniature voidling with a heart next to it.

Dear Lady Buvelle,

Master Cho'Gath is going through a phase of inner turmoil. While I personally believe he will be alright with Abagail, the summoners aren't pleased by his unprovoked actions. It is strange, but it's not like he's trying to devour everything in his path again.

Anyway, I was wondering if you would be willing to help us get him back? You won't be in danger, we just need you around the mansion for a few hours when we bring him back and if my neurotoxin recipe works.

Best wishes,
Ebony, the greatest chef ever!

P.S. I'll prepare some really good food for you for a week if you do help us.
Sona read through the letter with genuine concern for Cho'Gath. She wasn't sure how she could help, but it couldn't hurt to stop by and see the would-be-gentleman's mansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
((What about my bird asking for my book ? Do I have to restart everything from the beginning ?..I mean...for real ?..It's been like more than half a year, and when I'm about to reveal my RP's char true motives....that's like..something I don't wanna repeat from the beginning.))
((You don't have to repeat from the start. Continue it from where you left off or a little bit before, but anything that involved Gaver's reaction to her voice (if there was any, I can't remember) is thrown out.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
{{ Well, sh*t. There goes Viktor's ONLY saving grace.... }}
((nonsense...he still has Blitzcrank to throw on his resume...and...um....I'm sure there's something hidden in his attic. A robot puppy or something....))

Ask the Herald

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
((nonsense...he still has Blitzcrank to throw on his resume...and...um....I'm sure there's something hidden in his attic. A robot puppy or something....))
{{ Bah! I can't personally bring myself to have Viktor interact with Blitzcrank any further. Too much emotion and awkwardness there. Anyways, good luck with your future writings. }}

RG2000

05-24-2014

((Roger that.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
Sona was a bit surprised by a small bird perched on her kitchen window, but nevertheless she read over the note and went to retrieve the still unread book from her shelf. She handed it to the bird, unsure if it was too heavy for it to carry.
It is too heavy for the bird, and it's trying to lift it, but with no support for the bird to carry the book, it falls down, in an open position, revealing the inside, unfortunately it's the Demacia section, should Sona decide to read it.

The book says everything about the layout of Demacia, every castle, every towers, and every entrances and gates, starting from the smallest to even the main gate. And most of the text there speaks about the weakness of those fortifications.

The book even has a hand drawn picture depicting the weak points of the main gate facing the sea.

Then there is a writing.

"The Empire needs more land to expand as we cannot live on ships forever, and Valoran suits well. We have a thousand ships and hundreds of thousands of men ready should we decide to start a war, but looking at a city like this, even if we launch a full scale assault, it would take at least a month to fully siege the town itself. I wonder, if I have a million men, and attack them, a tenth of them will be dead before even stepping a food on their soil, and if we failed, and they launch a counter assault towards our land, I don't think we will be able to hold them."

Similar writings could be found on other pages for every major cities in Valoran.

aaargh

05-24-2014

((Ah, the wonderful feeling of a blank canvas from which to spin new tales.))

The gentle music eminating from the home of Sona Buvelle placed a slight smile onto Wind's face as he approached the home. He waited for a brief pause in the melodies before he knocked firmly upon the front door. Wind knew his manners and didn't bother trying to open the door, he figured she kept it locked anyway.

Since he didn't hear any music start up once again Wind assumed that someone was on their way to open the door. At least, he hoped so. It would have been rather annoying had he accidentally broken some musical enchantment by knocking.

Ask the String

05-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG2000 View Post
((Roger that.))

It is too heavy for the bird, and it's trying to lift it, but with no support for the bird to carry the book, it falls down, in an open position, revealing the inside, unfortunately it's the Demacia section, should Sona decide to read it.

The book says everything about the layout of Demacia, every castle, every towers, and every entrances and gates, starting from the smallest to even the main gate. And most of the text there speaks about the weakness of those fortifications.

The book even has a hand drawn picture depicting the weak points of the main gate facing the sea.

Then there is a writing.

"The Empire needs more land to expand as we cannot live on ships forever, and Valoran suits well. We have a thousand ships and hundreds of thousands of men ready should we decide to start a war, but looking at a city like this, even if we launch a full scale assault, it would take at least a month to fully siege the town itself. I wonder, if I have a million men, and attack them, a tenth of them will be dead before even stepping a food on their soil, and if we failed, and they launch a counter assault towards our land, I don't think we will be able to hold them."

Similar writings could be found on other pages for every major cities in Valoran.
Sona sighed silently as she contemplated on how to give the bird the book. Perhaps she should send a letter to have Gaver come retrieve it. While figuring out a plan of action, her eyes fell down to the page, noticing attack and Valoran written down.

She skimmed over the writing, eyes growing wider with each sentence. Suddenly she wasn't so sure what she was going to do. She looked through a few other pages, each with similar plans for other cities from Noxus to Bandle City.

She quickly ran off to write a letter to Gaver, before strapping it to his bird and sending it off.

Name:  Gaver.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  556.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaargh View Post
((Ah, the wonderful feeling of a blank canvas from which to spin new tales.))

The gentle music eminating from the home of Sona Buvelle placed a slight smile onto Wind's face as he approached the home. He waited for a brief pause in the melodies before he knocked firmly upon the front door. Wind knew his manners and didn't bother trying to open the door, he figured she kept it locked anyway.

Since he didn't hear any music start up once again Wind assumed that someone was on their way to open the door. At least, he hoped so. It would have been rather annoying had he accidentally broken some musical enchantment by knocking.
Sona was focusing on a new melody when she heard a knock at her door. One of her first visitors it seems. She smiled excitedly and rushed as fast as her music would carry her toward the door. With a single awkwardly sounding chord the door flew open to reveal the Maven floating mid-air, smiling happily toward her guest.

A welcoming tune filled the air as Sona attempted to test out her new enchantment on Wind. Gradually the song's notes would form words, spelling out ♪Greetings Sir. How may I be of service?♪

aaargh

05-25-2014

Wind Gave a bow as the door was opened and he said. "Good afternoon Sona. Would you mind if I came inside to visit?" Wind straightened as he said this and waited patiently for the reply. He knew that Sona talked through her music and thus paid careful heed to any tune that may have been floating by. It would probably be rather annoying if Wind missed what she said due to his error in not listening.

And naturally Sona was one of the few champions in the league that everyone held respect for. It was simply something you didn't do without drawing the ire of everyone within a hundred foot radius.

1234511 ... 16