Graves/Blitzcrank 1700-2000 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apokatastasis

Senior Recruiter

07-01-2012

I'm currently a gold player that plays around the 1700-2000 elo in normals. I don't play ranked often but out of the combined games I've played I've noticed that Graves/Blitzcrank is possibly one of the strongest bot lane compositions I've yet to come across recently. Their zoning is intense and their damage output and utility is superb between levels 1-6.
So I ask the community:
What is this weakness of this composition?
What bot lane make up would give a fighting chance?
-assuming the supports start with respective supporting items.
ex) Faerie charm+Sight Wards+Vision ward+Health Potion

Please share your input and your experiences as well as any strategies when clashing with this duo.

CaristinnQT

07-01-2012

Never played that comp before, but Caitlyn/Soraka might give them trouble with Caitlyn laying down traps in the brush and harassing from a longer range with Piltover and AAs while Soraka restores her mana and health.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

Urgot/Leona or Urgot/Alistar
Reasoning: If they pull Alistar/Leona in, they will get counter cc-d. Since Blitzcrank doesn't provide any sustain for carries, Urgot can bully Graves a lot during the lane phase. Alistar is better for capitalizing on Blitz grabs, and Leona is good for the swap->stun on tower combo.

WesRocks360

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

graves soraka is the best right now

Vizzlepeez

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevszorz View Post
I'm currently a gold player that plays around the 1700-2000 elo in normals.
How do u know ur normal elo?

Quick Rawr

07-02-2012

I agree, someone with Alistar is a great counter. An Alistar that's on the ball will be able to prevent a lot of the combo's that occur with a burst lane with Blitzcrank.

A combo that would, in my mind, do very well would be Alistar/Sivir. You have the initiation, the defense, and the sustain. A good Sivir will spell shield the grabs, and have the range to poke and damage the enemy just fine.

(P.S. - I personally like Blitzcrank + Ashe/Vayne more. Grab into the bush is an insta-kill with Vayne as she condemns them into the wall and Ashe has so much soft CC that is deadly early game coupled with a grab+knock up as well as her Arrow being the best initiation bot lane with so much Blitzcrank CC to back it up.)