Champions that need reworking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killrmouse

07-01-2012

When's the last time you saw a Sejuani? Or a support Karma? When's the last time you saw a twitch or an eve and didn't immediately think "Oh god, a troll.."?

How often do you see Poppy anymore? When you do see her, does she ever win? I mean, she snowballs pretty hard, but she's going to need to try harder than most champs would to get that snowball rolling.

I haven't seen a Zilean support in well over 200 games and whenever I try to support as Zilean, someone on my team insults me and leaves. Zilean is listed as a support, which makes me think that I should be able to support with him...but teemo and morgana are listed as supports, as well, and you don't see that very often. But you also don't see Zilean played as an AP mid, either, and on the off times when you do it's usually kinda bad... You just don't see him...ever.

So, I just wanted to know.. Am I missing something important about these characters? Are they actually really good, but just not used in my elo bracket? Or are my observations correct and they really are kinda terrible, and no one plays them because it's essentially handicapping yourself?

If they really are as bad as my gaming experience has led me to believe, then is there something in the mix at Riot to make these characters viable, or are they just going to continue to never be played?

I mean... it seems like if Riot wanted to make money they would make every champion viable so that people would want to get every champion... Why make more champions when you have champions already made that people would buy if you just changed a few numbers?

Sam Is Whoa

07-01-2012

Twitch is extremely viable as he doesn't rely on his stealth as much as eve. Karma is also viable, she can turn a tower dive into a double kill easier than any support can. Zilean is not a bad support and a rework on numbers for him is not usefull. He does good harass dmg against low range champs like vayne or teemo. Sejuani is a great tank. She is an old school Meta champ. The problem is everyone wants to do more than CC and soak up dmg. Ppl want damage sej does not have that but she has great CC and natural tankiness.

The problem with zilean, karma, sejuani, and twitch is that the roles they serve are done better with other champs. But a rework isn't necessary maybe a bump in dmg or lower CD's but it's not all that necceasary.

Ameranthene

07-01-2012

I tend to try to play the champs that aren't seen very much anymore. I don't understand why some aren't picked and usually the only reason is that there're "better options." Considering no option is the best, there are always going to be better choices.

I think there are 100 champions now in LoL and at least half of them never see the light of day anymore. The way I see it, since I've been sucked into this before as well, is that people play someone they're interested in. They see during the game that someone is dominating and so they now want to play that champion. That soon filters out a chunk of the selectable champions.

I don't believe there are any "bad" champions, just people that lack the skill to play them. People are so set in the whole META thing that they have tunnel vision to the point where the game isn't fun anymore. Instead of adapting to the situation, people have their 6 items picked out before the game begins, which can get them later on and now they don't like the champion.

Ñin

07-01-2012

Well, they will do re-work on karma though ((can't wait for that! ^_^)) because her passive for a support stand point is kinda useless.Bbut with other support you are rignt. Peeps just want to carry all the time and not support at all...P.S. most times they just feed... >.>

Bauermir

07-01-2012

twitch is a super badass champion! I only use him now and i can tell you that hes one of the best champions ive ever played! mid late game he is a monster. i never had so much triple, quadra and penta kills before!

Careful

07-01-2012

Poppy is stil great, people just don't ever seem to use her. The few times I see her played, she generally always does well, and snowballs out of control. I myself play Poppy from time to time and still see her as fully viable. I think people are just out-ruling her with champions such as Jax, Trynd, Darius, etc. As for Sejuani, people just don't know how to run comps with her for some reason. Her aoe ult stun is so incredibly great, it can put a whole team out of position and win you the game. It can shut out the ad carry/ap carry so you can kill them before a team fight even starts, and so on. You just need players who know how to interact with her.

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

You will never be able to escape a sejuani gank. Karma is an amazing mid, but nobody ever plays her because nobody ever plays her. Twitch is good at counter jungling and bringing fear (like eve before she was nerfed). Dyrus plays poppy and she's still really strong, but high skill caps aren't a reason to force a rework.

Everyone else you mentioned I agree is just bad and def needs one

Kahr

02-20-2013

the reason poppy is in need of a rework is because of her lanning ex.
poppy vs darius
18/9/3 9/21 or 15/15
lvl 1-3 poppy wins
4-5 ur having mana problems and ur zoned
6 and on ur done...

poppy always beats jax
poppy vs singed
1-3 ur fine u cant kill him cause of pot guzzle but ur ok
3-6 ur zoned cant kill with out jungle and ur turret is starting to take damage
now all he has to do is run past u get enough creeps on tower throw u psn u and just repeat till ur dead

i mean i can continue i think right now i have the most poppy ranked on na so i resulted to playing her jungle hybrid since u do better there clear times are on par with olaf and 20 seconds behind vi

ROKAF JE

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrmouse View Post
So, I just wanted to know.. Am I missing something important about these characters? Are they actually really good, but just not used in my elo bracket?
Zilean support is so-so. His lane harrass (which becomes useless with no AP) slow/speed and ultimate are the only reasons you'd choose him.

Karma is mostly viable as a tanky AP utility mid. Try it out.
She's weaker in the support department without any AP, but her kit and Tristana are best friends and can work.

I played 2 Poppy games recently and won both, with me getting stupidly fed and crushing the enemy ADC and APC. It's all about careful laning and farming.
I was AD/Tank Poppy btw.
She's got a really tough lane phase against certain people, and she's slow to farm. Get her past that point without being 0/15/0 and s he is a ton of fun.

Sejuani isn't underpowered or in need of a rework. Tweaking maybe.
She's actually quite strong right now, especially with all the Amumu bans, her kit is essentially the same, except she slows for days.

uthaiwit

02-20-2013

zilean is best op + support champion for me
did anyone know that pro zilean can kill tank champion very easy?
my garen have
hp 4600+
atk 250+
spd 390 + furor
atk spd 1.0+
and i go solo kill him
of course i can kill him but i have to use my ulti to kill him
then so what happen??????????

he revive!!!!!
i said "wtf!!!!!???????????????"
and then he bomb me as a rubbish champion
so what next?????
blitzcrank.....my friend.....come to help me and said
"i'm going to revenge for you ,my garen"
so what next.....?
zilean bomb his machine again.....

so i just want to said that zilean don't have to rework or rebuild because if anyone can use him as a pro ,he is very powerful for tank champion