My Simple Darius Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

This is my second time playing Darius. My first time was in a custom game to try him out.
I carried the team 20/7/10. The build focuses on all-out damage rather than tanky DPS. I consider this build to be like a burst Riven build, incredibly strong but also squishy.

For boots I use Berserker's Greaves. The added attack speed lets you stack hemorrhage much faster increasing your overall DPS.

My core item is Black Cleaver. It gives you solid early attack damage as well as some great attack speed for stacking hemorrhage. The armor shred passive is just a cherry on top.

The end of my early game core is Sheen. Sheen and Crippling Strike stack amazingly well together.

My mid game core item is to finish the Sheen into a Trinity Force. With Crippling Strike at level 5 and Trinity Force passive active your next attack will do 350% more damage. Absolutely absurd.

Towards late mid game I grab Bloodthirster for the solid damage and sustain.

For my final item I chose Maw of Malmortius for its awesome spell shield as well as its overall offensive-defense item stats.

The last item is always game dependent and should not always be built last. It should be build whenever you feel you need it most. Such as Force of Nature against a fed AP carry. Thornmail/Frozen Heart for a fed AD carry. Another Bloodthirster or a Frozen Mallet if you're just completely dominating. A Guardian Angel if you seem to find yourself often focused. Or anything you deem necessary at any given point.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

I can't decide what I think about black cleaver on him, the stats it gives are great for him, (nice AD and just enough attack speed). Early game I think it will be amazing on him and I think most players are maxing his E last so he won't have that passive armorpen early on, but late game I feel like he doesn't need the armor reduction and that he can maximize his damage with another item. I feel like, Trinity force is all the attackspeed he really needs and that a bloodthirster would be more beneficial than the BC since it gives more AD and lifesteal which is nice on him

Casey hp

05-24-2012

i would suggest going for warmogs armour early game, just because the build of health regen, considering your first recomended item is a build up for it.

Finding t33mo

05-24-2012

please do not ever get zerker grieves on melee champs regardless of your passive. . not having tenacity on melee is flat out ****tarded

this build is way moar solid

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...h-darius.xhtml

Neo

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding t33mo View Post
please do not ever get zerker grieves on melee champs regardless of your passive. . not having tenacity on melee is flat out ****tarded

this build is way moar solid

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...h-darius.xhtml
Getting the same exact items in any build is pretty retarded IMO.
All items depend on the situation. If they enemy team has stupid heavy CC such as an Alistar, Leona, or Blitzcrank then Mercs are usually the way to go.

PentaNub

05-25-2012

My usual build for him (Depending on the team) is mogs Maw and frozen mallet for that slow. Now if the team is mostly AD (And we do not have a tank, or I want to live longer) I usually get thornmail. After that I get atama's and then the last item is situational for me. Zerker greaves are great to have with him like the OP stated.

corallein

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlLENITY View Post
Getting the same exact items in any build is pretty retarded IMO.
All items depend on the situation. If they enemy team has stupid heavy CC such as an Alistar, Leona, or Blitzcrank then Mercs are usually the way to go.
Mercs is not useful against Alistar or Blitzcrank.

Also, your build is bad. Attack speed is pretty useless on Darius. There is absolutely no reason to get attack speed over stacking damage, and Black Cleaver is a huge waste of gold for Darius (attack speed not wanted, armor reduction not wanted because of the huge amount of free % armor pen he gets).

The Omnibus

05-25-2012

I agree that AS is not needed. Staying alive and Decimating multiple times is all the procs for his passive you need. Triforce however is great on him. Gives him everything he needs. I think Guardian Angel is a must on him because he has to get int the middle of combat to be effective, and runs a huge risk of dying.

Reprisal

Recruiter

05-26-2012

I use beserker greaves, but I also run cleanse and qss when called for.

Reprisal

Recruiter

05-26-2012

Also, I don't understand why ppl don't like ARM pen on darius. That just makes his attacks that much closer to doing true damage.

Unless there's something I'm missing?