How do you win your lanes as riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

07-01-2012

and Also How do you deal with tanks. they literally take no damage

Any pro riven players?

TeknoWizard

07-01-2012

Make sure you're auto attacking between skills.

If they're stacking armor, get a Brutalizer early.

Ask for ganks.

BattleBootyRiven

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Make sure you're auto attacking between skills.

If they're stacking armor, get a Brutalizer early.

Ask for ganks.
Is brutalizer a must for riven? I usually build BT, then GA then Merc greaves

BitProdigy

07-01-2012

Brut is not a must but it is a solid early game item when the enemy is stacking armor.

_G

Sam Is Whoa

07-01-2012

You should not have to rush BT GA early on her. A wriggles and phage is good sustain early and later sell your wriggles for a BT. Early brutalizer is great as most top champs will stack armor early. No reason you shouldn't do good dmg as you should be able to get off about 9 dmging attacks to the enemies 4 or 5. No reason you shouldn't win exchanges with most champs especially with your ultimate up since it has a low CD. If your fighting tanks that don't take dmg then that also means they won't do dmg.

JRiMi

07-02-2012

Now i feel like a derp...i got owned by cho the other day and wasnt even thinking about brutalizer. Lol. It is now suddenly clear why people think riven wins against everything

Vizzlepeez

07-02-2012

I agree and disagree on some of the things people are saying.

I used to grab brutalizer everytime with riven now i use it in situational circumstances like alot of people are saying, its a great item on riven but i dont usually finish the ghostblade. And trade it for last whisper instead.

I personally do rush the bf sword after getting boots first and then one or two dorans for sustain and durability, the BT is great to rush becuz u gain the lifesteal and in early laning u get that 40 extra ad pretty swiftly.

Do not rush GA but after ur BT maybe get a giants belt or phage

Also make sure ur maxing ur stun first then ur shield then broken wings

Purpleiswin

07-02-2012

Play it a safer lane until you hit 3 and can do a full combo, auto's between every ability, or at least try to. Building wriggles, ninja tabi, and phage is good against other melee champs, brut instead of phage if you need the armor pen, and basically you just farm what you can and start trades post lv 3 because most of the time you will win. Enough trades and you push them out to recall, or get a kill. Good ganks are always helpful, your q and e help you escape from ganks and trades you lose. If neither of you can do enough damage, just do what you can to farm up and help other lanes without leaving top unattended. Boots, wriggles, frozen mallet, and maw will make you fairly tanky mid game, after that you can build whatever. If you got a brut, you can get a ghostblade, or hold onto the avarice blade for the gp10 for a while before upgrading, or sell the brut for something else. If you need even more tankyness, warmogs/atma's is a good answer.

Shinako

07-02-2012

Bloodthirster/Ionian boots if you're winning hard and want to snowball.

Wriggles/frozen mallet/defensive boots if you're playing it safer.