@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
Bump because Riot likes to ignore **** that makes sense and comment on the most retarded threads ever postsed. It's the Riot Method.
hey, don't knock the Zileas Method (TM)!

JJJNigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

i sacrifice a teemo to the great gank queen evelynn... o dark goddess, please summon forth a mighty red!

JJJNigel

07-31-2012

i guess i didn't sacrifice enough teemos ;_;

JJJNigel

08-01-2012

bump

JJJNigel

08-01-2012

bump for reds

JJJNigel

08-01-2012

last bump for the night

SpiralinISqwerty

08-01-2012

I've been playing for a year and a half, never understood how the attack speed % worked until now.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

08-01-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Sure, I can forward this along to people working on HUD stuff. Summon the power of Brackhar to look at it.

There could be some concern with the amount of clutter that goes on in the stats window - that's my primary concern - but if the hover tooltip is also wrong that's kind of a downer.

Noraver

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sure, I can forward this along to people working on HUD stuff. Summon the power of Brackhar to look at it.

There could be some concern with the amount of clutter that goes on in the stats window - that's my primary concern - but if the hover tooltip is also wrong that's kind of a downer.
Why not think of a way to show what the item will add in addition to your current attack speed?

Example for buying an item:

"Current Attack Speed: 1.000
Attack Speed If Added: 1.500"

Xypherous

Systems Designer

08-01-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Why not think of a way to show what the item will add in addition to your current attack speed?

Example for buying an item:

"Current Attack Speed: 1.000
Attack Speed If Added: 1.500"
Yeah, that's definitely something we should look at when we do a greater hud / item shop rework down the line.

It's a little tricky because it's hard to calculate some unique effects (like Stark's Aura, for example).