@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lisztomaniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

well done, i agree.

RiceFishie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-18-2012

Bump

WarlordAlpha

07-18-2012

Wow, I never actually knew that bonus AS only applied to the base AS value. That's really sad given that I read the forums regularly and have been playing for over a year.

Thanks for posting about this.

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

no problem, glad to hear that it helped! :P

mambawarrior

07-18-2012

Wha?
I didn't know that at all.

Militant GDI

07-18-2012

after being linked here from the thread on PD rush on Trist, I completely agree, AS is a pretty bad stat, clarity wise.

To be fair, though, it took me forever to figure out how MR and armor work as well (before they added the %reduction tooltip).

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

haha, the % reduction tooltip wasn't there before? it's actually an ingenious way of handling armor and magic resist... riot, if you came up with the system on your own, i congratulate you on a job well done. now you just need to tweak the attack speed display and all your stats will be transparent and easily understandable :P (well, maybe other than % vs. flat shredding...)

IGotCareless2

07-18-2012

This is... amazing. If I were the type to play AD Carries, this would seriously effect some of my calculations. Out of curiosity, are AS debuffs also counter-intuitive?

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

surprisingly, AS debuffs are very intuitive. i believe they affect your total attack speed. meaning, frozen heart's 20% debuff reduces your TOTAL attack speed by 20%, so you do 20% less damage.

Militant GDI

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNigel View Post
surprisingly, AS debuffs are very intuitive. i believe they affect your total attack speed. meaning, frozen heart's 20% debuff reduces your TOTAL attack speed by 20%, so you do 20% less damage.
wait really?

God no wonder I hate malph so much.

slows work like that too right?