Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lisztomaniac

07-18-2012

well done, i agree.

RiceFishie

Recruiter

07-18-2012

Bump

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-18-2012

Wow, I never actually knew that bonus AS only applied to the base AS value. That's really sad given that I read the forums regularly and have been playing for over a year.

Thanks for posting about this.

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

no problem, glad to hear that it helped! :P

mambawarrior

07-18-2012

Wha?
I didn't know that at all.

Militant GDI

07-18-2012

after being linked here from the thread on PD rush on Trist, I completely agree, AS is a pretty bad stat, clarity wise.

To be fair, though, it took me forever to figure out how MR and armor work as well (before they added the %reduction tooltip).

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

haha, the % reduction tooltip wasn't there before? it's actually an ingenious way of handling armor and magic resist... riot, if you came up with the system on your own, i congratulate you on a job well done. now you just need to tweak the attack speed display and all your stats will be transparent and easily understandable :P (well, maybe other than % vs. flat shredding...)

IGotCareless2

07-18-2012

This is... amazing. If I were the type to play AD Carries, this would seriously effect some of my calculations. Out of curiosity, are AS debuffs also counter-intuitive?

JJJNigel

07-18-2012

surprisingly, AS debuffs are very intuitive. i believe they affect your total attack speed. meaning, frozen heart's 20% debuff reduces your TOTAL attack speed by 20%, so you do 20% less damage.

Militant GDI

07-18-2012

Quote:
JJJNigel:
surprisingly, AS debuffs are very intuitive. i believe they affect your total attack speed. meaning, frozen heart's 20% debuff reduces your TOTAL attack speed by 20%, so you do 20% less damage.

wait really?

God no wonder I hate malph so much.

slows work like that too right?