Shaco the Mind****er!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunx

11-06-2009

Normally I would stay out of this, but as Shaco is easily my best hero I need to chime in.

This build/strategy is complete garbage. It will work against noobs, but since you are the carry, you are going to be useless to your team in the midgame.

Get his blink first and then max out two shiv. by level 6 or 7 you should be able to spam two shiv on anyone. just hit them with it 3 or 4 times to get most dps/mage heroes down to half and blink to auto crit, to two shiv for the kill.

deceive is on such a low cooldown that you should be using it offensively and defensively once you get a mana regen item.

If you want to play as an ability power hero, roll an ability power hero, not a carry.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-06-2009

Crunx, I'd just like to point out that some heroes can play multiple roles (albeit, maybe not all roles quite as effectively). See: Taric. See: Kassadin. See: Nasus. If you already have a carry on your team, it is absolutely possible to play AP shaco.

Also, AP shaco is comparable in strength to 'carry' shaco in the midgame. It's only in the pretty solid endgame that there's a definitive difference in potential strength.

Play

11-06-2009

I've played with both builds, and I can affirm that AP Shaco is a hell of a lot of fun, that is, when your opponents don't catch on to what you're doing right away. I've had GREAT successes with this build, but also complete miserable failures, all depending on the individuals you're laning against early game. If you can get a good number of kills through these nests early game, you should be fed enough to stay viable throughout the game, perhaps even switching over to a damage build when you feel your traps have outlived their usefulness in the game. One thing I have found to be incredible important is to try and lane against aggressive, squishy champions. For example, early and mid game you can typically get some easy kills off of Twitch and Evelyn, as they will think they're being sneaky by invising next to you in a bush, then proceed to unstealth and be completely raped by your jack in the boxes. You will typically have less success if you're laning against more cautious tank and support champions.

Crunx

11-06-2009

I understand that it is possible to play an AP shaco and even dominate with him, but quality of opponent and what not all factor in here.

From a high level, why pick shaco if someone else has taken a carry? (outside of being short on melee dps) This is basically playing him as a support hero with decent damage potential from his base attack growth.

My thoughts are, if you are going to play in that role, just choose a different hero since there is definitely another role that needs to be filled for your team (ranged support or tank or ranged nuker, etc...)

Valthar

11-06-2009

I have seen AP shacos do pretty well in pre mades.

I have seen AP shacos get schooled because they really didn't know what they were doing in pre mades.

Your decoy is a bomb, run to a bush pop em invis jump out , boom. stab shiv stab. if you have jack in the box down its gravy

Rejoice.

Bit more to it m but a good player can do it

and im not a fan of this build/talent list, no offense OP

Absol

11-06-2009

psssh forget ap and ad shaco. Tank shaco is the flava of the month.

smokeD

11-07-2009

Well someone wanna post an attack shaco build?

WickdEU

11-08-2009

seriously the things you guys are saying are retarded,,,, AP Shaco is alot better then physical shaco. have you guys EVER seen a good AP shaco? quess not.