Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Significant FPS Drop after the 6/29/2012 Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Æther Adept

06-30-2012

i too have been experiencing a heavy drop in fps, experiencing frameskips. also why does it require 4 processes to run LoL now? i remember when it was just 2, then it was 3, now its 4, .........come on, pack it all into 1 process

Tempest1230

06-30-2012

Quote:
Æther Adept:
i too have been experiencing a heavy drop in fps, experiencing frameskips. also why does it require 4 processes to run LoL now? i remember when it was just 2, then it was 3, now its 4, .........come on, pack it all into 1 process

This I really don't know. Why is it necessary to run it in 4 processes? Lol but eh, it's not like I mind if it's lowered but I want it to be at least 60FPS. It still bugs me that it's gone down from like what? Roughly 350 - 450 on average to like 40 which is alarming to say the least. There should be a reason for this... :/

Gumurak

06-30-2012

The different processes are in preperation for league to come up with a system that spreads the resources across several cores. Which currently would set a new precident in gaming. Weather theya ccomplish it or not is an entirely different subject.

Elysius

07-01-2012

The game should run in a dual core at 60 fps all the time.. I don't know if this are memory leaks or something similar but for some reason the framerate drops for a few seconds at random points.. I have a quead at 2.8 and the framerate drops anyway with shadows off

I hope they fix it soon

mystical wizard

07-01-2012

I'm getting this FPS drop. I was running around 70-90 and now it drops to 7-9 in team fights. It's terrible.

Timmage

07-01-2012

exact same problem. will make millions of skin but bugged game so prob no fix lol =P

PitBullDog

07-01-2012

Same i had fps drop after the patch

Gumurak

07-01-2012

Quote:
Timmage:
exact same problem. will make millions of skin but bugged game so prob no fix lol =P

It's not really bugged, 90% of the time it's something to do with your own system. Because across 8 different computers in this house. Not a single one has this or any other problem, except one that had missing runes.

iimthomas

07-01-2012

yeah mine started last night, i would get over 60+ fps on max settings no problem, not its around 30 and it lags... what the heck.

dRein

07-01-2012

As I'm having the same problem, I did some testing.

I went jungle mundo for all of my testing, in a custom game with bots.

For the first 5 minutes, my fps was a constant 60 whether i was ganking, farming jungle, or farming lane minions.

I noticed previously having no lag problems early game, but after a certain time, i would lag constantly. This happened for at least 5 games. I paid close attention when i was doing the last 2 games of my testing, and i experienced a significant change at 5:50ish for one game, and 6:50ish for another game. Now remember, until this point, "whether ganking, farming jungle, or farming lane minions", i had constant 60 fps.

Suddenly for both games,after reaching those specificish times(5:50 and 6:50), if i was ganking or farming lane minions or farming jungle minions, my fps dropped to 10-20.

If while i was ganking or farming, I focused my screen far off in an uneventful area, I would be at 60 fps. If i watched a "busy" area, whether my character was involved or not, I would be at 10-20 fps.

Does this indicate severe memory leakage as others have previously mentioned?