Significant FPS Drop after the 6/29/2012 Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickiThaDanni View Post
Until now my FPS was always at 60, but now whenever I move my screen it drops to 40 FPS. This makes the game really hard to play. Please fix it.
How does 40 fps make it hard to play? The human eye doesn't see anything over 30 fps. Unless it drops under that you shouldnt have that much of an issue at 40 to make it unplayable.

Elysius

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumurak View Post
Do you have verticle sync on? Are you playing in windowed mode? Have you shut off shadows? We need a bit more information than 'I get fps drop".
I have Vsync.. fullscreen or windowed the framerate drops always a couple of times during the match ( Dominion ).. Shadows Off.

My framerate before the failed patches was 60 all the time ( after the performance patch ) .. but now drops to 40's at random parts of the match.. with 10 or 2 champs on sight.. it's really weird.. my temps are ok and drivers up to date.

Elysius

06-30-2012

Quote:
How does 40 fps make it hard to play? The human eye doesn't see anything over 30 fps. Unless it drops under that you shouldnt have that much of an issue at 40 to make it unplayable.
Why always people say this.. because of movies?

Any gamer can tell between 30 and 60 fps.. is much more smooth

PS: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html check there.. it's clear the difference.. but in games is much more noticeable

SlickiThaDanni

06-30-2012

Quote:
You can tell a difference when playing at 60 fps is smooth, while at 40 it seems there is lag. Sometimes it even drops to around 30 for some unknown reason. It never stays at one place when my screen is moving.

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysius View Post
I have Vsync.. fullscreen or windowed the framerate drops always a couple of times during the match ( Dominion ).. Shadows Off.

My framerate before the failed patches was 60 all the time ( after the performance patch ) .. but now drops to 40's at random parts of the match.. with 10 or 2 champs on sight.. it's really weird.. my temps are ok and drivers up to date.
I personally would shut vsync off. It forces it to be 60 regardless. You could try reinstalling adobe air and see if you get any performance.

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickiThaDanni View Post
You can tell a difference when playing at 60 fps is smooth, while at 40 it seems there is lag. Sometimes it even drops to around 30 for some unknown reason. It never stays at one place when my screen is moving.
I don;t see any difference at all between 40 and 60 with the naked eye. And I run a system that plays at 40-50 on a regular basis. theres no question that 60 is smoother. But you arent unplayable at 40.

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Why always people say this.. because of movies?

Any gamer can tell between 30 and 60 fps.. is much more smooth

PS: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html check there.. it's clear the difference.. but in games is much more noticeable
The difference between the two is not at compairison. Of course 60 will be smoother. that's not what we were debating. We were debating on weather or not 40 was unplayable. And it is certainly playable. I however did not mention once that 60 wasnt smoother, just that you couldnt see it with the naked eye. The reason people say they can tell the difference is because of the way the video is processed in the brain. You can tell smoothness between the two in that example and in games. Because of the way data ios processed. But most of the time you can not tell the duifference between 30-60 during gameplay. Which happens frequently, unless there is bottleneck and the system chokes. in which there are far more factors than fps.

of course you want as high of fps as possible to have continous fluid motion even during choke points. And of course system lag. But 40 is certainly not unplayable.

Elysius

06-30-2012

Quote:
The difference between the two is not at compairison. Of course 60 will be smoother. that's not what we were debating. We were debating on weather or not 40 was unplayable. And it is certainly playable. I however did not mention once that 60 wasnt smoother, just that you couldnt see it with the naked eye. The reason people say they can tell the difference is because of the way the video is processed in the brain. You can tell smoothness between the two in that example and in games. Because of the way data ios processed. But most of the time you can not tell the duifference between 30-60 during gameplay. Which happens frequently, unless there is bottleneck and the system chokes. in which there are far more factors than fps.

of course you want as high of fps as possible to have continous fluid motion even during choke points. And of course system lag. But 40 is certainly not unplayable.
Of course is not unplayable.. but is really distracting and annoying.. people like me that is used to see games work at 60 fps all the time can indentify this framerate drops anytime.. for me is really clear when the game is even on 50 fps

Not unplayable.. but distracting and annoying.. and of course before the failed patches the game was working 60 fps steady 24/7

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Of course is not unplayable.. but is really distracting and annoying.. people like me that is used to see games work at 60 fps all the time can indentify this framerate drops anytime.. for me is really clear when the game is even on 50 fps

Not unplayable.. but distracting and annoying.. and of course before the failed patches the game was working 60 fps steady 24/7
I really don't know what to tell you as mine still works appropriatly.

Elysius

06-30-2012

Quote:
I really don't know what to tell you as mine still works appropriatly.
Must depend on the specs.. and maybe if you have ATI or Nvidia.. the performance patch was great but after that all patches had the random framerate drops for just a couple of seconds and then back to 60 steady even in 5 vs 5 fights with effects and all

If you are really over the recommended requirements of course losing 20 fps won't be noticeable.. but for people who plays at 60 with vsync or even less.. those 20 fps are a real problem