Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Significant FPS Drop after the 6/29/2012 Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempest1230

06-30-2012

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've been playing League for a fair amount of time and I've had fairly minimal technical difficulties with League of Legends but this time I'm a little stumped. Before I proceed have a look at my technical specs.

Alienware Aurora R3

Quad Core Intel i7 at 4.1GhZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX590
8GB 1600MhZ Dual Channel RAM

Everything is up to date long before the patch occured and in fact I had an FPS of 200 - 500 before the patch on the very same day. Now here's my issue..

After the patch in the evening, I was playing with a noticeable increase in lag unrelated to my internet given that I play with a 25MBS Download 7MBPS Upload internet connection. (My ping is always under 90) Despite that and my specs I still managed only 30 - 55FPS after this patch. I don't know whether I should just re-install or assume that this is a Riot-end issue.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Has your FPS significantly dropped like mine? I run the game on max settings, bench-marked, with no vertical sync and plow through it anywhere between 200 - 500FPS all day every day. Suddenly this patch comes along and now I can't even get to 60FPS. What gives? Everything else I play runs just fine with the same frame rates as usual...

One last thing I have to add is that after they did that graphics update patch to the environment, every time I begin a game I have to alt+tab a few times at the start to get a static screen because the HUD flickers like mad or has random artifacts missing from it. For example I will see the HUD skin but I can't see any skill icons, I can't see my allied champions on the left, nor can I see the passive ability icons. Usually it takes at least a minute or two into the game and I must alt+tab in and out until it adjusts. Does anyone have a fix for this too? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:

The game is played with shadows, in full screen set to the native resolution of my HDTV 1360X768 Everything else has been set to the highest setting with no vertical sync and benchmarking is selected. This setup has worked beautifully until this new patch.

SkyFox

06-30-2012

Where you using pulsefire ereal when that happened?

ransyama

06-30-2012

I also have lowered FPS after the latest patch.

Tempest1230

06-30-2012

Quote:
SkyFox:
Where you using pulsefire ereal when that happened?

No in fact, I don't even own Pulsefire Ezreal. I've been playing with my usual champions like Dynasty Ahri or Bloodmoon Akali.

Hexanna

06-30-2012

yup i have lowered fps and visual lag. they need to fix this.

Elysius

06-30-2012

Fps drops in every match.. with any roster possible.. and in random points.. in 5 vs 5.. or in 1 vs 1.. even alone in some moments.. since the latest patchs the game has some kind of memory leak or something

Quad Phenom 9950 BE 2.8
Radeon 4870 1 GB
No shadows in video options

Elysius

06-30-2012

Bump we need a fix.. is really annoying

SlickiThaDanni

06-30-2012

Until now my FPS was always at 60, but now whenever I move my screen it drops to 40 FPS. This makes the game really hard to play. Please fix it.

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Do you have verticle sync on? Are you playing in windowed mode? Have you shut off shadows? We need a bit more information than 'I get fps drop".

Gumurak

06-30-2012

Quote:
Elysius:
Fps drops in every match.. with any roster possible.. and in random points.. in 5 vs 5.. or in 1 vs 1.. even alone in some moments.. since the latest patchs the game has some kind of memory leak or something

Quad Phenom 9950 BE 2.8
Radeon 4870 1 GB
No shadows in video options

Hmmm with shadows shut off, do you experience any other issues or problems in any other games? I run a severally outdated card on one system and it seems to play fine.

Try deleteing these two files.....

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config\game.cfg
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config\input.ini

They wont hurt anything, you may have to change some settings to the way you like them. But the minute you rubn the patcher, it will replace these files. If that doesn't work, make sure that pando media is update and you could try a reinstall of adobe air.