Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Most useful tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I'd say Amumu is probably the best initiator with a very kickass ult. Shen is these things too, but I'd say mumu is a bit better for team fights.

I would say that you are right. However to get the most out of his ultimate someone else should preferable initiate and here s why: The stun lasts 2.5 seconds and it really stinks if you waste 1-2 seconds while your team rushes for your primary target.

One of my favorite is if a allied morgana initiates and just as she is about to get jumped she clicks ultimate and THEN I bandage toss and do ultimate. If the timing is right you get up to 5 seconds total stun AND your allies are all ready in position more or less.

Pick: Amumu, Rammus or Shen. Best tanks in the game and they all excel in their own different way. A decent 4th alternative would be Alistar. Whatever anyone tries to tell me, a well played Alistar is a lean mean line backer that can setup kills for your team so beautifully.