Most useful tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yellowfrog

09-01-2010

I don't think I could play him myself, but I love me some good mumu'ing.

Rammus' ult is pretty underwhelming. Shen is better off in ganks than big teamfights.

Amumu has a lot of presence in teamfights and Despair is a great counter to HP. Something is going down when he bandage tosses and ults.

SciencePrime

09-01-2010

They both own, but I have more fun with Shen. His ult (like TF's) really teaches you about map awareness.

Machinima

09-01-2010

i play both of them a lot and they are both great. I'd say amumu is better at teamfights, but shen is great in small skirmishes and ganks. I find shen to be more fun since he seems more versatile and has to make more choice. Amumu is pretty autopilot after a while. In late game it's just run into the enemy team and press all your buttons. with shen you have to decide who to taunt, sometimes wait for an enemy to channel ult. You can chase and escape well. And since your main skill is the taunt dash you can spam it a lot and keep being useful, whereas amumu is mostly about his long cd ult.

But if I'm going into a game and all I want to do is win, I'd pick amumu. he just wins games.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

shen <3

Sancreed Broda

09-01-2010

Shen is fairly fantastic because once you have a tank item, boots, and vorpal 2/3 and dash 1/2ish, you can tower dive 70% of champions if they're below 100 HP reliably. Also, ult makes for amazing map control.

Synergize

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeKayOH View Post
I know Amumu can jungle, but how viable is it in say a solo queue ranked game?
It can be hit or miss. Too often in solo queue, the 2v1 lane loses their tower and gets denied early on. You'll probably have to support them a lot if they're bad. If they're decent players, having a jungler is amazing. It gives you a great level advantage vs a team that doesn't jungle. High risk / high reward.

I think you'd do great if you found a buddy so you can duo queue. Send your reliably good friend into the 2v1 lane and enjoy your exp.

I don't have much of an opinion on which is better, but Amumu is definitely the better pick when you're teamed up with champs that have super AoE ultimates, such as Morgana and Fiddlesticks. Amumu's ult allows them to make the most of theirs, and it's often an auto-win teamfight button.

You should really buy and master both, though. They're common picks for bans in ranked games. You need to know both so you can play one if the other is banned.

Nybass

09-01-2010

Amumu hands down. Curse of the Sad Mummy is the "We Win" button of the game if there ever is one. Helps you win teamfights you otherwise have no business winning otherwise, or make an even battle a rather one-sided affair.

Really now, in the end, LoL is about winning teamfights, and no one starts it or helps you win it better than Amumu.

WintersHeart666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

hows abouts rammus?

YUNGKOREA

09-01-2010

I would say Amumu, his ult is great in any part of the game. He can also do some decent damage, because of despair.

Imo, Shen's ult is good early-mid game, but once late game comes around his ult is pretty lackluster in teamfights.

So amumu over shen :P

PineapplePine

09-01-2010

Amumu...Why? Because Shen is getting nerf. Well thats the simple reason. You want to try to avoid champions that are getting nerfed.

On another note, if your team have some AoE like Nasus's Ultimate, or Malzahar's Zone, or Fiddle's Crowstorm, or Pantheon's Heartseeker/Grand skyfall or something, or Nunu's Absolute Zero, or Morgana's Tormented Soil/Soul Shackles. You get the picture, Amumu is awesome with these ultimate. The DPS it'll deal is tremendous.

Shen can save people but those people might be stupid and stay and fight and die. Shen can escape really well too. He can deal decent damage but not as much as Amumu, imo. Amumu deals AoE damage and NEEDs golem buff. Shen deals more 1 vs 1 damage.