Most useful tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MLG Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

So I'm trying to decide on what tank I want to buy next, and I'm trying to use reason and logic to support my decision. Now I'm trying to decide which tank would be most useful, most often. I'm mostly trying to decide between Shen and Amumu, thoughts?

Mogunz

08-31-2010

I'd say Amumu is probably the best initiator with a very kickass ult. Shen is these things too, but I'd say mumu is a bit better for team fights.

MLG Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2010

I know Amumu can jungle, but how viable is it in say a solo queue ranked game?

Slo Mo

09-01-2010

they are both banned often, rammus ftw

Cynical Moose

09-01-2010

Ammumu. Great Initiator with an awesome ult (plus a tank killing ability)

Rammus. Good initiator, also nice ult, shield....

Taric. Tank + support all in one (and a stun)

DFABassist

09-01-2010

shen. he never dies.

Goldoak

09-01-2010

I'm going to throw in for Amu. Amu's initiation is great, and if you spec slightly into AP, Despair can be scary stuff. It makes him especially effective as a counter to health tanks and offtanks, like Shen or Olaf, and thanks to his passive (and possible an abyssal scepter) is usually even a threat to MR built tanks. Plus he's a huge boon to any team with casters.

Supreme1337

09-01-2010

No one has mentioned Alistar? He might not be very rewarding to play (you don't get a lot of kills), but your team will sure love you if you use him. He can sustain pushes for 15 mins (I've done this before on several occasions). He has a heal, a stun, a repositioning ability, and a damage reduction ability. That is the perfect tank.

TiddlyW8nks

09-01-2010

ive played a few tanks including those two and depending on how good of a team player you are you could go with either. shen is good on his own most of the time and hes kind of an aggro tank but with amumu u get good initiation and better spells.

Zealot644

09-01-2010

I prefer shen myself.

He's energy hungry to start but doesnt require mana so its nice. Also, he never...ever...ever...emphasis on ever...dies.

I dont know how many times as shen I have taunted people off of towers or dived into teamfights to taunt, ended up owning a few people alongside my team, and then dashing out no problem while still at half health or better.

Although, Amumu would be better in a teamfight due to his ult he doesnt have any escape mechanics other than being tanky. Rammus is meh to me